Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone Version 3.0

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Ziphone Version 3.0
    Hello,
    I jailbroke my 1.1.4 iphone about a couple of weeks ago using Ziphone 2.6b. Now a new version, 3.0, is out. Is it possiable to upgrade the iphone to the new 3.0 version? Are there any advantages to doing this? Its working perfect now with 2.6b of Ziphone, so is it worth the 3.0 upgrade?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the version 3.0 is only the version of Ziphone, it will not make any differance to the phones software. so in my eyes whats the point...

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

yup, its just a couple bug fixes. and new plugin.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

All ziPhone does is unlocks/jailbreaks/activates/downgrades bootloader/etc...
    If there are any updates its only for bug fixes or new firmwares. And sometimes new features. But once your phone is unlocked and such there is no need to use the program again unless your having problems...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

Hey guys, just a quick question... I noticed that the ziphone only install installer.app on phones that running on 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. Why doesnt install the installer.app on the 1.1.2? My phone is a 1.1.2 OTB, I've upgraded to 1.1.3 and after a while I've decided that 1.1.2 is better for me. SO I've downgraded it back to 1.1.2 using itunes and unlock/jailbreak/activate using the ziphone 3.0. I noticed that the installer.app icon is missing. How do i get it back (or rather how do i install the installer.app cuz jailbreakme.com didnt work)? I'm on winxp btw.

I recently went back to 1.1.2 and jailbroke via ZiPhone 2.6b... installer was there at the end :/

Might wanna re-do the jailbreak, might be an issue there??

7. The Following User Says Thank You to B1naryBand1t For This Useful Post:

Blunt (2008-04-01)

Yeah probably... maybe I'll try using the 2.6b to jailbreak it. Hope it works.

edit: yeah it works... it's wierd that that the 3.0 didnt install the installer.app on iphone with 1.1.2 (i did the relock/jailbreak 5 times). Anyway thanks a lot man!!!
    Last edited by Blunt; 2008-04-01 at 02:22 AM.

does ziphone 3 (after restoring and jailbraking, activating & unlocking again) fix the youtube and mail problem that ziphone 2.6 had with 1.1.4 ?

hey i also upgraded to 1.1.2 and i dont have installer should i upgrade to 1.1.3 ? or is their a way to get installer back on their ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have run ziphone 3 on my activated 1.1.4 and it has locked up twice now. It is right after the zorro photo...the screen goes black an the white insert block comes up

I just want to get installer back...any other suggestions?
    Last edited by StevenSimpson; 2008-04-02 at 05:35 AM. Reason: added version number to ziphone