Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS crash in 1.1.4 (ziphone on OTB 1.0.2 & 1.1.1)

Default SMS crash in 1.1.4 (ziphone on OTB 1.0.2 & 1.1.1)
    I have two SMS problems I have not been able to find a lasting solution for:

The SMS application gets slower and slower as I use it over time.

The SMS app. crashes and returns to the home screen.

Symptoms & Workarounds:
    - It seems to crash after I receive an SMS while the phone is asleep, but not all the time.
    - SMS's from my service provider seem to make it crash as well, but not all the time.
    - I can use WeiTool to delete recent individual SMS's and eventually SMS will stop crashing and I can use it again.
    - I can delete all SMS's and the app will 'speed up' again (when it is slow, it is unusable - having to wait while looking at a basically blank screen for 30+ seconds, during which time none of the buttons on the phone will do anything)

I know one other person that has the same problem.

Our phones are either OTB 1.0.2 or 1.1.1
    I have used iErase and Virginizer on the 1.0.2 model then restored to 1.1.4 and ZiPhone to jailbreak & unlock them. In the beginning everything was fine, after some use the slowness returned and ultimately the crashing as well...

Does anyone else have this problem, or a solution?

My Phone:
    SN: 7U728xxxxxx
    Modem Firm: 04.04.05_G
    Bootloader: 3.9_M3S2

currently in use on Dtac in Thailand

Thanks!
    Greg

Default YES! This is madening!
    I have had the precise, same experience. My SMS will simply get slower and slower. Deleting longer chats will help but only a small amount. I can never get into the SMS App without a 20 to 40 second delay. Crashes are frequent as well.

There seems no common cause for the crashes but I have always been able to resolve the crashing by having my wife send me a new text that allows the SMS App to enter into her chat and bypass whatever was causing it to crash.

I cannot believe there is no fix for this. The youtube fix seems to be a perfect indication that someone somewhere knows how to solve issues like this.
    Last edited by emeryemery; 2008-04-04 at 10:48 PM. Reason: mispelling