Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BL 3.9 questions

Default BL 3.9 questions
    I bought the iphone the first week that it came out and have been reading that if you use the ziphone which i did it will downgrade your BL. I guess the question I have is that if I got the phone on the first week that it came out what BL did it come with and has it changed ever due to me using Ziphone. Any help would be appricated and yes I now this is proably an easy question to answer and has been asked but I'm knew and want to make sure that I haven't messed up the phone or that my BL has been downgraded using ziphone.

Thanks

Also I have used the Baseband info program and it shows my baseband as modem firmware 04.04.05_G
    EEPROM Version 208
    EEPROM Revision 1
    Bootloader Version 3.9_M3S2
    Last edited by Avalanchenut; 2008-03-27 at 03:16 PM. Reason: added info

Green Apple
    Thanks

Your iPhone already has the 3.9 Bootloader, so using ZiPhone wouldnt have an effect on your BL. It'll only downgrade it if it's 4.6, mainly because the security on the 4.6 Bootloader means you can't unlock any baseband higher than 04.02.13_G whereas on the 3.9 Bootloader you can unlock all basebands
    Modding my iPhone since Feb 08! lol

If anything i say helps you, please click the thanks button!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie2k For This Useful Post:

Avalanchenut (2008-03-27)

So if I am understanding you and everything I've read that my phone came with the 3.9 bootloader and that it has never been upgraded to the 4.6.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope if it came witht he 3.9 Bootloader then it's never been upgraded to 4.6. Check your serial number, if 4th and 5th number on your serial is 45 or less, then it's definately got a 3.9 bootloader and it's never been anything higher. You say you bought it in the first week that it was out... if you live in the US, then it DEFINATELY has the 3.9BL... 4.6BL only started appearing on the week 45 iPhones.

If you live in Europe and bought the iPhone in the first week it was out... then it HAD the 4.6BL and was downgraded to the 3.9 using ZiPhone... but again i wouldnt worry about it because the only way it can be upgraded back to 4.6 is through testpoint hardware upgrade which is something that is very risky!

So basically, if you live in the US and bought it the first week it was out you have always had 3.9
    If you live in Europe and bought it in the first week it was out, then you HAD 4.6 but it's been downgraded to 3.9.
    Modding my iPhone since Feb 08! lol

If anything i say helps you, please click the thanks button!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie2k For This Useful Post:

Avalanchenut (2008-03-27)