Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Needed!!no Wifi On Iphone!!!

Default Help Needed!!no Wifi On Iphone!!!
    HI,
    I have a v1.1.2 otb iphone jailbroken. i tried to unlock it yesterday using ziphone2.5. It worked great, the iphone is unlocked but unfortunately i lost wifi and bluetooth. it says no wifi,, and has 000000... for bluetooth address.
    I even tried to refurbish the iphone, restore it to 1.1.4 through itunes it self. strangely enough, even after restore it says tmobile even if i dint unlock it, but still no wifi.. please help me if any one has a solution for it. also if i m in the rong thread please point me in the right direction..

Thnx
    Desperetely in need of HELP
    Cellphoneman

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you unlock the phone, it retains the unlock as long as you're on the same firmware. Fisrt thing to do is go into settings > general > reset > reset all settings. If this doesn't work you need to put the phone in DFU restore mode which you can use ziphone advaned features for this. After you do a restore (to 1.1.4), make sure you are setting the phone up as NEW in iTunes, not from a back-up image.

this might sound stupid question but how do i set it as a new phone?
    thankyou for your help

Cellphoneman

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

AFTER a restore, you plug your phone in iTunes... the first thing iTunes will do is give you two choices: Set up as new, or restore from backup.

I really appreciate your help, poseidon79,
    I believe i did that too last night.
    I did it again, but styll says no wifi, and bluetooth unavailable.

Please advice

Cellphoneman

Default Same problem here!!!!
    I have the exact same problem. And worst, it's my friends iPhone, she asked me to upgrade her firmware and made me promisse nothing bad would happen to her iphone. After upgrading to 1.1.4, (it was 1.1.2 before) I unlocked it using iplus 2.0 and everything works fine, except for wifi and bluetooth, which are unavailable!!! I tried absolutely everything. Restoring it again and unlocking using Ziphone 3.0, reseting the phone many times, erasing everything, restoring it again... nothing works!!! I am quite desperate. What am I gonna tell her???

Help would be reeealy appreciated.

Thanks

dev teams swifi fix google it.
    dont use ziphone.