Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone refurbish button warning

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Ziphone refurbish button warning
    I used the refurbish button on ziphone to restore my phone because I almost had to send it in. I never unlocked my phone because I have a legit AT&T plan. The refurbish is supposed to restore everything so there is no traces of modifications. The refurb process downgraded my bootloader to 3.9 which is now irreversible so now I'm stuck with it. Question: Is the downgraded BL3.9 the same as the BL3.9 that shipped with the earlier phones or is it a "hacked" version that possibly might leave me locked out of a future upgrade? I really don't care because my phone works 100% now, just trying to warn anyone who might be tempted to "refurbish" with ziphone thinking the phone will be fresh enough to send into apple for repair.

Im not good with the bootloader stuff because I have AT&T, but I think you could have just DFU restored and made it impossible to show you jailbroke your phoen...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It should be the one that ships with the older phones. If you refurbish and then restore it should be in a factory state and valid for warranty.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah should be. But now I got a 16gb phone that certainly did not ship with the 3.9BL and I'm sure that's one of the first things apple would check to see if the software was tampered with. Just a warning for everyone. The DFU restore did not fix the problem I was having, neither did the refurb/restore. I had a corrupted sim

wow shoulda read this first lol so now i have have 3.9 BL i'm guessing... eh what does this really mean? are we now at a disadvantage?

Green Apple
    Thanks

At this point it doesn't really mean anything other than "warranty" problems. Probably anyone reading and posting here pretty much chose custom iphones over warranty anyway. I just wanted to warn people that the refurbish mode on Ziphone will overwrite your 4.6BL with 3.9BL. There just seems to be a lot of talk lately about bootloaders and I wanted to inform.

Why don't you take it to the Apple store. I microwaved my phone.