View Poll Results: ZiPhone Vs. iPlus (Vote Only If U Has Used It)

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZiPhone

279 69.92%
  • iPlus

120 30.08%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Real POLL: ZiPhone Vs. iPlus (Start Voting)

really,ZiPhone I a Safer & Bigger Application, With Better Support

2. The Following User Says Thank You to esmandau For This Useful Post:

bilsta57 (2008-03-19)

iPhone? More like MyPhone bomiz96's Avatar
    Thanks

I havn't tried iPlud but i had no problems with ziphone yet

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bilsta57 View Post
    AHAHAH lol ZiPhone has 80% of the vote .. But seriously ZiPhone is the best..For now until iDemocracy 3 Comes out
    yer the best at screwing up bootloaders
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

+1 Ziphone

saw this on iclarified too about potential problems with fake BL3.9

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

true its only for 1.01 or 1.1.1 but still only time will tell as to what other problems the fake BL3.9 will do.

ModMyI SigGen by MxWeas

I used both of them because I had too. I originally jailbroke with iPlus2.0 but was having problems getting my mail and my youtube to work even after the youtube activator in installer. So I jailbroke with ZiPhone and wa la both end up working.
    Also ZiPhone is easier you just have to plug in your phone and click one button. With iPlus you have to type a couple tings in your terminal and you have to make sure everything with iTunes is not running otherwise it wont work (at least for a mac).
    ZiPhone easy!!

I had used ziphone, but very disappointed as it upgraded my bootloader to 4.04 from a virginized 1.0.2 firmware. I wouldn't mind it if i was told, it wouldl upgrade.

Never tried the others yet, but doing a new revirgination this weekend and will try and see if it as well uses a dif bootloader.

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    yer the best at screwing up bootloaders
    Ok I need to get this clear it does NOT screw up your bootloader yes it downgrades it.... so what ...does it screw it? .. no ...and iplus prob just copied the **** out of ZiPhone .. the ONLY main feature it has that ZiPhone doesn't is the ability to re-upgrade the bootloader to 4.6 (i'm amazed lol..ZiPhone is prob going to have it soon anyway..) but for people that have bootloaders that were 3.9 to begin with (like 80% of us) it dm anyway
    To check out my blog just type bilsta57 into the google search bar

Thanks

i used ZiPhone before way back from version 1.0 till 2.5c, i recently restored my iphone to 1.1.4 and tried iPlus1.0 and it gave me a half unlock,half jailbroken and half activated iphone. i can see the Service Provider and the signal bars at the same time i have an iTunes logo and the wire on my iPhone, so i ran ZiPhone 2.5c and after 2 minute 30 secs the iphone re booted jailbroken,unlocked and activated with 'Z" on the springboard and BSD Subsystem,OPEN SSH, TermVT, and all the patch and fixes that came with iPlus..

I dnt know how and why but my iphone works great...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ZiPhoneGUI

i have always used Ziphone to unlock and never had any problem. also i am not a big fan of command, i love GUI...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Used ziphone on 50+ phones with no problems.
    @Blista - Zibri said he will never use a fakeblank bootloader so I doubt he will add the feature to do this.

used both...iplus nearly bricked my phone...restored and used ziphone and now i am up and running like once before with previous firmwares. ziphone is definitely better in my case

Default iPlus Not The Best
    I must say, I had used ZIphone before, but when I got a new iPhone, and saw all the hype, i downloaded iPlus. Did what it said, and followed the iClarified tutorial. Clean 1.1.4 restore, ran the scripts. Problem was that the PC screen exactly matched the iClarified screen, but the iPhone never made it out of the 2nd pass. Just sat there with the wheel spinning for 20 minutes. Did it twice with the same result. Ran ZIphone, and in 5 minutes had the phone activated/jailbroken and unlocked. Quite honestly, it took a couple miniutes to load all the "extras" that come with iPlus via Installer, but with no headaches. Better to use what I found to be quite reliable - ZIphone, than to follow all the hype.

Thanks

Default ZiPhone!!
    ZiPhone

Why should I go back to 4.6?
    A lot of people got 3.9!

Hey guys i m using Ziphone too but then i kept recieving the NO service signal after i install the App Op Patch (Call ID).
    Any idea y?

Green Apple
    Thanks

iPlus FOR SURE.

Thanks

Must say, that we are only observing the short term effects. There is a reason as to why the dev team didn't use the code they made (yes, dev team made the code) in ZiPhone, in iPlus.
    ZiPhone won't work with the upcoming firmware either, I'm afraid.
    Let's see what happens in the future... O_o
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-03-24 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by esmandau View Post
    really,ZiPhone I a Safer & Bigger Application, With Better Support

how many times are you going to tell us about ZiPhone????? are you getting paid or something???
    16GB iPhone 1.1.4
    Nokia 8600 Luna
    Blackberry 8820

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I used iPlus for the first time over the weekend and now I'm running into "main script execution failure" when I try and download any summerboard themes or do any of the "tweaks" in 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. Anyone have any idea? If not I'm going to restore and just ziphone it like i always have.

They are both GREAT programs. Let's not lose sight of that fact. Without these developers and brilliant programmers, we would not have the iPhone in the capacity we have now. Only AT&T service, and no 3rd party programs. Without the great 3rd party app's to fix Apple's "shortcomings", we would not be having this conversation, this forum, or this site at all. So let's give a round of applause to both programs, and THEN cast your opinion................

At this point for me it's ....................ZiPhone. In my experience, it's been more consistent and stable in every aspect. iPlus has the bootloader mirror, which is nice for 4.6'ers who plan to restore. But for 3.9'ers it's a no brainer at this point. It's easier, faster, and more stable. Kudo's for iPlus, and believe me.....they will get better and maybe even change my opinion soon!

Thanks to both of you!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast