Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Upgrading Have 1.1.3 ziphone unlock/jailbroken want to go to 1.1.4 iplus 2

Default Need Help Upgrading Have 1.1.3 ziphone unlock/jailbroken want to go to 1.1.4 iplus 2
    Hey everyone,

I want to upgrade my firmware to 1.1.4 because I have alot of bugs with my ziphone 1.1.3. My iphone was 1.1.1 when I purchased it and had a ipsf unlock upgraded to 1.1.2 using ipsf method and when 1.1.3 came out I waited a few to upgrade to 1.1.3 using ziphone because ipsf never released an official update as they said they would.

I have read alot of people having issues with their ziphones on 1.1.4 with no wifi, bad email, safari crashes, etc etc. I do not want this to happen to me so I am trying to find out first if iplus 2.0 is safe and what would be the correct steps to upgrading.

Is it safe to use iplus since i used ziphone in the past also? has anyone else done this?

Can you please be detailed in the proper procedure to upgrade also I am a newbie and I am sure there are others here with a similar question.

Thank You in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Most people that have ziphone issues are not good at following directions. The first recommendation is to start from a fresh RESTORE (not upgrade) to the firmware you wish to be on. Then set the phone up as NEW, not from a back-up image. If you still don't want to use ziphone try iLiberty as posted on the home page.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

As the the previous poster mentioned, do a fresh restore (not an upgrade) of the firmware you want to use and set up as a new phone, do not use the same name as your last backup. Start with a new name (you can change that later if you want anyway).

Download iplus 2.0, make sure that iTunes and iTunes Helper is not running (you can turn off iTunes Helper in the Monitor program located in your Mac's utilities folder) read the readme file in iplus 2.0 and just follow the instructions.

It really doesn't matter which program you use to jailbreak your phone, as long as you read and follow instructions.

If you run into any problems, just visit the various iPhone boards (hackintosh, modmyi, etc.) and look for the solution, because I can guarantee that your questions have been asked and answered more than once.

good luck and enjoy your iPhone.