Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Third Party Apps on 1.1.4

Default Third Party Apps on 1.1.4
    I am running 1.1.4 on an originally 1.0.2 OTB, Jailbroken and Unlocked using ZiPhone. I looked everywhere to find out how to get all those third party apps that were running on my 1.1.1 on my 1.1.4, Any Suggestions. I saw on an earlier post that someone "tricked" their phone to thinking it was 1.1.3 so that apps would work. I got the summerboard themes to work, and now i want customize going again and i found a step by step but it was a little long, is there anything easy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you have SSH & have WinSCP, you can modify the SystemVersion.plist found in the /System/Library/CoreServices

Just change the part where it has 1.1.4 to any other version you want.

Then install your apps.

After you install apps that depend on an older version, you might want to change it back to 1.1.4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

Snboard2286 (2008-03-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snboard2286 View Post
    I am running 1.1.4 on an originally 1.0.2 OTB, Jailbroken and Unlocked using ZiPhone. I looked everywhere to find out how to get all those third party apps that were running on my 1.1.1 on my 1.1.4, Any Suggestions. I saw on an earlier post that someone "tricked" their phone to thinking it was 1.1.3 so that apps would work. I got the summerboard themes to work, and now i want customize going again and i found a step by step but it was a little long, is there anything easy.
    You can also install "1.1.4 Compatibility Patch" under "1.1.4 Tweaks". However, its only for installing your apps. Once you have all your apps installed, you should uninstall the patch and your apps should still work. It did for me (I have about 4 pages of 3rd party apps).

good luck,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

Snboard2286 (2008-03-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

is this confirmed?