Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems after upgrading to 1.1.4 w/ ZiPhone

Default Problems after upgrading to 1.1.4 w/ ZiPhone
    I had a 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone before this upgrade, worked fine. No problems.

I heard 1.1.4 ran faster, would support future SDK games, and worked with Summerboard, so i upgraded.

But now, ALOT of apps won't work with my iPhone, even after applying the 1.1.3 compatibility patch. psx4iphone just goes to a white screen then quits out, iDope goes to the title, then quits out, and sketches quits out, too!

I need these apps, any way to get them to work?

Any help is appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sh1zn1t For This Useful Post:

brokentwice (2008-03-13)

be happy thats all your problems haha ... I think you can fix it all with permissions and making sure your paths are right.

I tried fixing with permissions, no luck.

But this fixing paths you speak of, what would I need to do? I don't know which paths to edit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Which apps are you having problems with? I had no issues after restore to 1.1.4 and jailbreak with ziphone. Try a clean RESTORE to 1.1.4 instead of upgrading as Zibri said there would be issues with old installer scripts being left behind.

Yea, I restored to 1.1.4, set it up as a new iphone, not a backup, and then ZiPhoned it.

But so far, it's just the apps I have mentioned giving me trouble.

I also installed these by simply dragging and dropping them into iPhone PC Suite. Think that might be the problem.

Same with me, ziphoned to 1.1.4, installed 5 apps with installer app, they all crash when launched. Bummer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sh1zn1t View Post
    But now, ALOT of apps won't work with my iPhone, even after applying the 1.1.3 compatibility patch. psx4iphone just goes to a white screen then quits out, iDope goes to the title, then quits out, and sketches quits out, too!

I need these apps, any way to get them to work?

Any help is appreciated.
    The 1.1.4 compatibility patch is only to install apps. Once you have installed your apps, you should uninstall that patch.

Incidentally, I have psx4iphone, Sketches, and iDope working on 1.1.4. iDope is still in development phase so its buggy and will crash. I found iDope 0.2 more stable but still prone to crashes. I haven't had any problems with Sketches or psx4iphone (or any of my apps for that matter).

Try installing them through Installer, then you are sure to get the right version that will work with 1.1.4 and if they are only compatible with 1.1.3 a nag screen will pop up. If it does, clear your install queue and install "1.1.4 Compatibility Patch" under "Tweaks 1.1.4" before you try to install the app again.

good luck,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-13 at 07:28 AM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Thanks man, I'll try it.

Now, 'tis sleep time.

I am having trouble too. My sleep button wont work now after using the ziphone and also if i do a reset (holding the home and sleep button down) it turns off and then the apple logo just blinks on and off slowly... until I plug it in the computer and then I can use again???

Terrified

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sounds like you have more serious issues. I would boot the phone up normally. use ziphone to put it into DFU restore and do a clean 1.1.4 install. If you think ziphone is the problem (which i doubt) then use iPlus2.0 or iLiberty to unlock and jailbreak.

how do i do that DFU restore.

When I jailbroke my 32GB iPod Touch v1.1.4 with ZiPhone there were some apps I installed that wouldn't run either. Ends up I forgot to install BSD Subsystem. After that everything was fine.

Haha, that was the first thing I installed.

Promptly afterwards, Summerboard.