Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgraded to 3.9 via Ziphone

Default Downgraded to 3.9 via Ziphone
    So as the title states, my baseband was downgraded to 3.9 via ziphone. The phone works fine and every option works. Is there a reason to upgrade it back to 4.6 and if so is there a way to do it or am I stuck with his bootloader?

Quote Originally Posted by bishop1977 View Post
    So as the title states, my baseband was downgraded to 3.9 via ziphone. The phone works fine and every option works. Is there a reason to upgrade it back to 4.6 and if so is there a way to do it or am I stuck with his bootloader?
    The only reason I can think at the moment is if you want to return the phone to apple. There might be a need for bl 4.6 in the future....

Nope, the only way to go back to 4.6 at the moment is via hardware hack.

I hope that answers your questions

Rick

so even doing the restore option in ziphone will not set it back to 4.6?

ziphone downgrades permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop1977 View Post
    so even doing the restore option in ziphone will not set it back to 4.6?
    No, a restore or upgrade will not restore it back to 4.6

I was just reading a thread about this topic - very interesting topic. Eurisco, a moderator was found out talking nonsense defending ziphone with childish arguments and then somebody insinuated that there was a plot to promote iplus in favour of ziphone lol why always people come up with this stupid accusations when they don't have a good argument. The fact is that this forum is so bias towards ziphone that hardly anybody talks about iplus.

At the end of the day, we want the safest way to mod our phones, be that ziphone, iplus, or whatever. I personally read a lot about ziphone a couple of weeks ago when I was planning to unlock my phone, in the end I opted for the iClarified instructions as I could not trust ziphone enough. To be fair to ziphone, it seems that after I unlocked my phone, ziphone 2.4 was released and that seemed to be more stable.

I'm a technical person so I can understand the arguments of those behind iPlus, however, there is no hack that is 100% safe - I have not used iPlus yet as I have no need for it at the moment, I don't see the need to go to 1.1.4 so I am happy with mu unlocked 1.1.3

Rick

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rrsodl For This Useful Post:

madrich (2008-03-20)

what is the hardware 3.9 BL restore process that I need to do? I'm capable and have all the tools necessary to do it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I downlgraded my Bootloader with ZiPhone and it's worked great, though if i could be totally honest, i'd have preferred to have used iPlus for 3.9FakeBlank, but i'm happy with my 3.9BL and it seems to be running fine, so no need to worry!

tnt,
    I have seen the guide floating around somewhere, but i'm not sure where i saw it... just tried looking now, but i cant find it at all

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie2k For This Useful Post:

tntmorgan (2008-03-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Comprtition is a good thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    No, a restore or upgrade will not restore it back to 4.6

I was just reading a thread about this topic - very interesting topic. Eurisco, a moderator was found out talking nonsense defending ziphone with childish arguments and then somebody insinuated that there was a plot to promote iplus in favour of ziphone lol why always people come up with this stupid accusations when they don't have a good argument. The fact is that this forum is so bias towards ziphone that hardly anybody talks about iplus.

At the end of the day, we want the safest way to mod our phones, be that ziphone, iplus, or whatever. I personally read a lot about ziphone a couple of weeks ago when I was planning to unlock my phone, in the end I opted for the iClarified instructions as I could not trust ziphone enough. To be fair to ziphone, it seems that after I unlocked my phone, ziphone 2.4 was released and that seemed to be more stable.

I'm a technical person so I can understand the arguments of those behind iPlus, however, there is no hack that is 100% safe - I have not used iPlus yet as I have no need for it at the moment, I don't see the need to go to 1.1.4 so I am happy with mu unlocked 1.1.3

Rick
    I with you, Rick!