Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPlus or Ziphone?

Default iPlus or Ziphone?
    I have a brand new 1.1.4 8gb iphone and i would like to ask which one is better? Ziphone or iPlus?
    I read that iPlus is safer due to a non permanent boodloader modification.
    is this true?
    Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Good question, I sure there are going to be fans of both methods.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

iplus

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

slade (2008-03-12)

It all depends what you want to do. If your keen to unlock rather than just activate and jailbreak and are concenred about downgrading your bootloader then iPlus might be for you.

Personally ZiPhone has a proven history and IMHO has had fewer bad reports than any other A.J.U. application given the number of people who have used it.

Unless you need to unlock and are particularly concerned about downgrading your bootloader I see no reason to use anything other than ZiPhone, it even works on V2.0Beta.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

Never used iPlus so I can't comment on it. Ziphone will only downgrade your bootloader if you click on the "DO IT ALL" button. If you click on "Advanced Features" you can choose exactly what you want to do... jailbreak/activate/unlock or all three.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

WHY? I'm thinking about going from 113 to 114... is iPlus better than Ziphone?

ziphone the known evil or iPlus the unknown!
    Last edited by jakecigar; 2008-03-13 at 06:06 PM.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

ZiPhone all the way dog!

i used ZiPhone and i think its your safest bet

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    It all depends what you want to do. If your keen to unlock rather than just activate and jailbreak and are concenred about downgrading your bootloader then iPlus might be for you.

Personally ZiPhone has a proven history and IMHO has had fewer bad reports than any other A.J.U. application given the number of people who have used it.

Unless you need to unlock and are particularly concerned about downgrading your bootloader I see no reason to use anything other than ZiPhone, it even works on V2.0Beta.
    Are you fcuking kiddin me? ziphone fcuked up so many phones and rendered countless of them unusable just like mine, DON'T USE ZIPHONE, use iNdependence or iJailbreak or iPlus, all 3 of them are top-notch jailbreaking apps! If you search the forum you will find plenty of posts concerning people's iPhones messed up by ziphone but you can't find any of them about another jailbreaking software.

iPlus

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Never used iPlus so I can't comment on it. Ziphone will only downgrade your bootloader if you click on the "DO IT ALL" button. If you click on "Advanced Features" you can choose exactly what you want to do... jailbreak/activate/unlock or all three.
    That won't unlock your iPhone probably. At least for me it didnt and on the ziphone IRC a + (support user?) told me that it probably only works with downgrading the BL.

Whatever method you choose I recommend you to do a DFU restore first. Safe is safe.

iPlus seems to be the best method at the moment because it gives you more flexibility (BL upgrade), but I also had no problems with ziphone. Unlocked 15 phones with it. But on my own phone I didnt downgrade the BL.

If you do not want to downgrade the BL DFU Restore to 1.1.3. And Unlock with ziphone 1.4 with ./ziphone -j -a -u. It will give you the baseband from 1.1.2 and let your bootloader alone. The only downside is that you have to use locateme everytime you reboot once. After that google maps works.

ziphone 1.5c only unlocked phones when I downgraded the BL (which cant be upgraded later if you used ziphone).

ziPhone is a terrible idea, it's full of bad code and the forums (esp. hackint0sh) are full of "ziPhone bricked my phone" threads. Don't trust it - use Independence or iPlus.

How can you say it work on the 1.2 beta (it's not 2.0)? Have you seen it?
    Have you used the new beta?

Both programs use the SAME EXPLOIT, and so DOES INDEPENDENCE.
    It's not the exploit (found by pumpkin and the dev team) that maters, but what you do when you gain access to the system and how you perform the jb, activation, etc.

and there may be problems with iPlus, but none have ever damaged a phone. There reports of problems and bugs. But no phones that are not working or turned into bricks.

ziphone performs bootloader downgrades and unlocks while running the unstable ramdisk. This is simply bad. iPlus runs all sensitive tasks like downgrading the bootloader or unlocking under the normal OS.

This difference makes iPlus a much more complex piece of code and thus there are more changes of minor and fixable problems.
    Last edited by aviegas; 2008-03-13 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

All of the programs work.

Choosing ziPhone with an iphone made later than week 45 locks you into BL 3.9 (Forever) if you let it downgrade your bootloader. Use ziPhone 2.5 and you dont get a choice about the bootloader downgrade.

So the question to ask yourself is "Do you want your iphone open to all future possibilities regarding opsys and bootloader upgrades?"

If you dont care, and like what you hear regarding ziPhone use it.
    Otherwise use one of the other products and keep your future options open.

A cautious person would not want to impose any limitations of their phone.

Are you blind? Can't you see the number of people posting about their problems after using ziphone?

ziphone has had so many versions in such a short time - cos it was full of bugs and in it's way to the latest version many phones have been bricked as well as many phones have been successfully unlocked. However, too many phones with serious problems for my liking.

I hope you mean a proven history of an unreliable software when you said "Ziphone has a proven history"

I have heard that Independence is the safest unlocking software at the moment and for PC I would have to say iPlus, based on my extensive reading of its capabilities and the experience of the people that have used it so far.

Rick

I used Ziphone and it was easy as cake. Just a couple clicks and it was done

Green Apple
    Thanks

iplus for me..
    iPhone 8GB, Week 44, Anysim Unlocked
    FW: 1.1.1 -> Official 1.1.3 JB -> iplus 1.1.4

The first day 1.1.4 came out. I used ZiPhone 2.4 and ran the -D to clear up previous breaks. Then updates to 1.1.4 using iTunes ....which gave me a clean 1.1.4. Then used Ziphone 2.4 and performed the -N command. Two minutes done. I have a stable 1.1.4 can install most apps.

Check out www.iappcat.com for repository's and create your own. You will find 1.1.4 compatability fix and other fixs.

I dont think anyone is disputing that Ziphone can work. But if it downloaded your bootloader then you are stuck there without a hardware reflash.

Maybe that wont matter, only time will tell. But if there are products available that also work and dont lock you into bootloader 3.9, wouldn't they be the better choice.

For the life of me, I don't know why so many cant see that simple truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    I dont think anyone is disputing that Ziphone can work. But if it downloaded your bootloader then you are stuck there without a hardware reflash.

Maybe that wont matter, only time will tell. But if there are products available that also work and dont lock you into bootloader 3.9, wouldn't they be the better choice.

For the life of me, I don't know why so many cant see that simple truth.
    It's human nature. Very few will that haven't done the most flexible thing. But some will. In contrast, people tend to push things in a futile attempt to reassure themselves that they have done the right thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast