Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are you a ziphone expert?

Default Are you a ziphone expert?
    I have a question for you all,

I have a 1.1.2 OTB iphone it was jailbroken and activated but NOT unlocked i am using an AT&T sim card (with out iphone plan).

I then restored my iphone to 1.1.4 and used Ziphone 2.5 to just jailbreak and activate NOT unlock my iphone. Now, for some reason i am not able to use my (non iphone plan) AT&T sim card.

does anybody know why?

thanks.

that shouldnt be the problem, try restoring it again and then zi phone it

also takong the sim card out helps some time
    Last edited by jakeasdel; 2008-03-08 at 04:50 AM.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button =]

I dont really want to unlock, I just want to jailbreak (software unlock) and activate my iphone. When I do this, it should work with my AT&T (non iphone plan) sim card my it dosen't.

I was wondering if anybody knew why?

Thanks

Since you are a AT&T cust. all you needed to do was jailbreak, and not activate.

I think that is only for people who are paying for the original iphone unlimited data plan.

I do not have that, all I have is a regular AT&T plan so I still need to activate the phone. So i clicked on the button in Ziphone that says: "Don't Unlock, Jailbreak and Activate only."

Techically speaking, my sim card should work since it is a genuine AT&T sim card and the phone is locked to AT&T, but it dosen't.

Does anybody know why?

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

You can unlock it too, it doesnt matter, nothing gonna happens to your ATT plan, better yet you gonna have an iPhone that you can use it with any sim card you want in the future and working with ATT too...If you have windows you can use this method

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54131

But, I guess my question is, if jailbreak and activate does not work then why did zibri include just jailbreak and activate button in ziphone?

I dont want to unlock because I don't want to loose my waranty.

thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by trill2ride View Post
    But, I guess my question is, if jailbreak and activate does not work then why did zibri include just jailbreak and activate button in ziphone?

thanks, any help will be appreciated.
    i believe jailbraking voids your warranty as well.

yeah it does, but it can easily be reversed by restoring the firmware. It gets a little bit more complicated when you unlock the iphone. There is a higher chance of bricking the phone if you unlock it than just jailbreak and
    activate it.

Since I am already on AT&T (non iphone plan) I should get alway with just jailbreak and activate, but now that is not the case. I am not able to use my at&t sim, any idea why?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trill2ride View Post
    Any mods done to the iPhone voids your warranty. You already got it started so you might as well go for it.

As far as an answer to your question, you should be able to use your at&t SIM regardless of a data plan. ZiPhone activates the phone which is what is needed to at least get the at&t SIM accepted and working.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend, you already voided the warranty, do the unlock thing and anything gonna work fine, if you use ziphone following the instructions anything gonna be alright, dont be afraid. I think you are more afraid than void your warranty. Go ahead

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54131

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Ziphone expert...... that's like "can you point and click?" You're CERTIFIED!