Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sound and 1.1.4 ziphone 2.5

Default Sound and 1.1.4 ziphone 2.5
    So the last few days I've had a few problems with the phone. Firstly I plugged in my earphones during work to pass the time and then afterwards, the iphone thought that the earphones were still plugged in so there was no sound on the phone/speakers. I reset the phone or something to make it work again (can't really remember, maybe i just plugged and unplugged earphones).

The second time I installed a few things off installer and then went back to springboard... and it wouldn't load. It had the swirly thing and was stuck on that. So I restarted. Everything seemed fine (noone was calling me) so I left it. Then someone called and I realised there was no sound.

So to fix that I went 'reset all settings'. Now I'm just waiting for another 'incident' to happen. Has anyone had this happen? Is there a fix for it out there? Or did I fix it with the 'reset all settings'?

Thanks

-Matt

About the installer thing I had that happened to me also except my phone didnt recover so I had to restore it,always restart springboard after an install is what I would advise any1. About the sound if the volume is all the way up and your headphones are in working order and still nothing you may have to restore and ziphone it again,that should fix it if anything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ipirate For This Useful Post:

mattylee (2008-03-05)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yea, i had this happen to me too, reset all setting is a good call. i ended up installing iamp and it cleared it up but then stopped working, i restored it and now it fine. but i can't get my mail app to work even after restoring

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alperovich For This Useful Post:

mattylee (2008-03-05)

There is supposed to be a mail fix in installer go to this site for a list of all installer sources as well as their packages http://iappcat.com/repositories.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ipirate For This Useful Post:

mattylee (2008-03-05)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    yea, i had this happen to me too, reset all setting is a good call. i ended up installing iamp and it cleared it up but then stopped working, i restored it and now it fine. but i can't get my mail app to work even after restoring

to get your mail to work ssh into your phone and enter this

chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile

probably a dumb question but how would i go about doing the "entering" of that

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iCity11 View Post
    probably a dumb question but how would i go about doing the "entering" of that
    you can type that into a terminal app on your iphone or use ssh to connect to your phone and then type it in there

to ssh:

on windows follow this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/SSH_on_Windows

on a mac open terminal and type "ssh [email protected]_ADDRESS" and press enter, you will be prompted for a password, type "alpine" then enter the command i put in my last post at the prompt

dont enter the quotes and substitute your phones ip address on your local network for IP_ADDRESS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Mail Fix on 1.1.4 firmware (This Works)
    How To Fix a Broken Mail App in iPhone

This is so easy, even I could do it

1) Download OpenSHH in iPhone (make sure it’s ON by using Services or Boss Prefs).
    2) Open Fugu on your Mac and connect to your iPhone.
    3) You may get an error message “Warning: Remote Host Identification Has Changed”. If so, you won’t be able to connect. If not, skip to step 7.
    4) On your Mac, click on the User/Home folder and hit CMD+Shift+G and type “.ssh”.
    5) Delete the “known host” file.
    6) Go back to Fugu and connect to your iPhone.
    7) Go to var/mobile/Library/Mail.
    8) Right click on Mail to set the permission to 777 or simply check all selection boxes.

You should now be able to open Mail on your iPhone!

I would like to thank firmwareunlock.com & blacksocks.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me with the mail.app, I went into the mobile folder, backed up the mail folder in mobile and deleted it. Then just went back and setup my email like new, it worked fine.