Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I use the ziPhone method?

Default Can I use the ziPhone method?
    -I have a OTB Jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone; 4.6BL
    -I read somewhere that you need a Plan with AT&t. I have AT&T but I don't have an actual service plan. Instead I have a Pay As You Go prepaid SIM card from a cheap prepaid cellphone bought from walmart in my iphone, so i can use the phone as prepaid.

DON'T CONFUSE ME WITH THE OTHER PREPAID OPTION "PICK YOUR PLAN" I DON'T HAVE THAT.

SO MY QUESTION IS: Even though I don't Have an AT&T plan can I use ZiPhone?

yes you can just run ziphone and chose jailbreak and your set to put 3rd party stuff

You always restore using iTunes then jailbreaking but u don't need to... Also u don't need a special plan

If I helped thank me

okay so should i uninstall all my apps first before doing anything. also can you point me towards a guide on how to use ziphone please

wait u already have 3rd party apps?

If yes y do u wanna use ziphone? Do u have installer on ur iphone?

Sounds like you are jailbroken and just want to update the firmware to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. If this is the case, do a restore to 1.1.4 (not an update). Doing a complete restore instead of update will wipe out all remnants of installer and your apps. After you have new firmware on your phone, use ziphone (version 2.5). You will want to jailbreak, and unlock as well to use your prepaid sim. ziphone is really simple, just point and click, and you'll be jailbroken and unlocked in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by wine_guy View Post
    Sounds like you are jailbroken and just want to update the firmware to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. If this is the case, do a restore to 1.1.4 (not an update). Doing a complete restore instead of update will wipe out all remnants of installer and your apps. After you have new firmware on your phone, use ziphone (version 2.5). You will want to jailbreak, and unlock as well to use your prepaid sim. ziphone is really simple, just point and click, and you'll be jailbroken and unlocked in a few minutes.
    hey dude i don't think ill need to unlock since im using an AT&T sim. also cause i didnt need to unlock when i had 1.1.2 to use the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetti12 View Post
    wait u already have 3rd party apps?

If yes y do u wanna use ziphone? Do u have installer on ur iphone?
    i heard its the easiest way by far to jailbreak your iphone to 1.1.3? Whats the other way? and yes i have installer.
    Last edited by nirav464; 2008-03-03 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so then just do a restore to either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 then use ziphone your done

Let me know if u get it

Thank me if I helped
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-03-03 at 06:16 AM.