Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone Jailbreak Hanging

Default Ziphone Jailbreak Hanging
    Update: When I reboot, and it freezes at the Silver Apple, now it vibrates, like a call is coming in, until I jailbreak it!

I started with a clean Restore in iTunes (7.5) to 1.1.3 (was running 1.1.2 OTB but had soft upgraded to 1.1.3 and Next Sim). Ran the Ziphone and all worked great. Went to Installer (3.0) and loaded BSD Subsystems and a couple apps. When I returned to Springboard, the gear froze on the screen. Rebooted, and it froze at the Silver Apple. The only way to free it is to run Jailbreak again on Ziphone. Any changes I make to the Home screen (new app from Installer, rearrange icons in Categories etc) freezes the Home Screen. Turning off/on gets the same result - frozen at the Silver Apple. Have to run Jailbreak again. If I make no changes - the phone and apps run fine (except Customize does not work). What have I done wrong???
    Last edited by normdepal; 2008-02-19 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Updated Information

what ziphone are u using. i had trouble with 2.0. 2.3 worked for me

Thanks

With earlier versions of ZiPhone, you must ensure that Verbose mode is enabled. Then you'll be fine. As far as Customize does, some people can run it on 1.1.3, and some people can't, there is no universal fix at this time.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Default Verbose
    Thanks for the input - how do I ensure Verbose mode is running??

I ran 2.1 - the GUI version
    Last edited by normdepal; 2008-02-19 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2.3 and up it is auto