Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WARNING ABOUT ZiPhone 2.4 For Windows BE CAREFULL

Unhappy WARNING ABOUT ZiPhone 2.4 For Windows BE CAREFULL
    If you guys notice there is a file that says " FULL AUTOMATIC (NO UNLOCK) " which is supposed to only Activate & Jailbreak by just double Click it & instead, it will do the all thing A,J,U and even downgrade your bootloader

This is verry dangers, how bout if you have an iPhone that is 3.9 Bootloader OTB
    or if you do have a 4.6 Bootloader OTB but U do not want to Downgrade you Bootloader because of warranty purpose. Apple will refuse to fix your iPhone because of the BootLoader Does not match

Well i Did it, I double click that file and now i have 1.1.2 OTB 04.03.13_G BaseBand Unlock and 3.9 BootLoader
    I Just Hope I Do Not Have problems with my phone in the future cause I'll be DOOM
    Last edited by fernandorinto; 2008-02-18 at 10:49 AM.

Doing a bootloader downgrade on a phone that is already 3.9 won't do anything. This is because geohot has included a check to see if your bootloader is 4.6 or 3.9, if it is 3.9 then the downgrader simply doesn't run, you will see the code come up and it says bootloader 3.9, bootloader not erased. Trust me i have done this on my phone and if you already have bootloader 3.9 then the downgrader won't run.

Quote Originally Posted by jameselder232 View Post
    Doing a bootloader downgrade on a phone that is already 3.9 won't do anything. This is because geohot has included a check to see if your bootloader is 4.6 or 3.9, if it is 3.9 then the downgrader simply doesn't run, you will see the code come up and it says bootloader 3.9, bootloader not erased. Trust me i have done this on my phone and if you already have bootloader 3.9 then the downgrader won't run.
    So lets say you just want to jailbreak and not activate it, how do get around that problem since some of us are with AT&T we would not need to activate the phone.There is no program there that just jailbreaks the phone?? Or did i miss something??
    Last edited by dsgalit; 2008-02-18 at 08:11 PM.

I'm an AT&T user who just now jailbroke my phone on 1.1.3. This is what i did...
    1. sync my phone (back in 1.1.2 so not to loose everything...)
    2. RESTORE Upgrade to 1.1.3 in iTunes and let iTunes activate it
    3. Restore phone's contacts and everything back to 1.1.3
    4. in windows put the ziphone folder in C
    5. Run > CMD > type cd C >hit enter
    6. Type cd ziphone > hit enter
    7. For jailbreak type ziphone -j (this will jailbreak your phone and it will be activated, from step 2.)
    8. Done!

I'm an AT&T user who just now jailbroke my phone on 1.1.3. This is what i did...
    1. sync my phone (back in 1.1.2 so not to loose everything...)
    2. RESTORE Upgrade to 1.1.3 in iTunes and let iTunes activate it
    3. Restore phone's contacts and everything back to 1.1.3
    4. in windows put the ziphone folder in C
    5. Run > CMD > type cd C >hit enter
    6. Type cd ziphone > hit enter
    7. For jailbreak type ziphone -j (this will jailbreak your phone and it will be activated, from step 2.)
    8. Done!

____
    Please delete this second post. Accidental double post.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 2008-02-18 at 08:42 PM. Reason: request for delete.

Quote Originally Posted by dsgalit View Post
    So lets say you just want to jailbreak and not activate it, how do get around that problem since some of us are with AT&T we would not need to activate the phone.There is no program there that just jailbreaks the phone?? Or did i miss something??
    just run ZiPhone -j. Recommend you re-activate, i.e. _not_ restore your old settings as sometimes bad settings hang around. This is what caused my YouTube problems.

Really Guys, you should read the readme file contained in the download, if a developer takes to trouble to include details on proper use and you dont take the trouble to read it then any resultant problems are your own fault.

the readme file fully explains the use of the various executable options as well as the included batch files
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

im very disappointed in this also ....i had just bought my new 16gb and im a att user, just wanted to jailbreak my new phone but guess what i clicked on the FULL AUTOMATIC (no unlock) ........and im reading all this stuff on the phone while is doin it and i happend to see bootloader 3.9.....i was pissed ....so is their anyway to get the bootloader up to its original state wgich is 4.6

I can confirm this to, accidentaly I clicked full automatic batch file on ziphone 2.4 and I have 1.1.1 otb, my heart stopped when I realized what have I done but when it finished i run ziphone 1.0 unlocked and its all working perfect only that I now have modemfw 4.03.13G and fw 1.1.1, can anyone tell me how can i get to fw1.1.3 now that i have new baseband should I update to 1.1.2 and than 1.1.3 or go straight to 1.1.3 ???

ok now im really pissed off...in the middle of a call my phone out of nower decides to reboot itself and keeps on doin it non stop until i hold the power and home button to shut it off.....WTF is goin on......so i said forget it did a restore to factory settings called att and told them sumthin is wrong w/ my phone a....they told me if i had bought it within 14 days i could return it but if open they would charge a restocking fee......good thing it was liek 5 days since i had boght my new 16gb....so i went and return it told the guy that the speaker was messed up ...didnt even bother to check it.....he went to the back and got a new one did the exchange, he was even nice to not charge me the restocking fee....now i have a brand new 16gb w/ the 4.6 bootloader and 1.1.3 fw .....i jailbreak it doin the downgrading and back up.

Taken direct from Zibri's Blog

You can restore the phone to "refurbished" state just issuing:
    ziphone -e

then ziphone -D and do a full restore to any os.

Curb your initial enthusiasim and take the time to read the latest info on the release before you try to use it

You can read the full post on here:

http://www.ziphone.org/

and in Zibri's own words :

ZiPhone never bricked an iPhone not even during first personal tests.

ZiPhone actually repaired many previously bricked iPhones.

99% of "bugs" I have been reported are for the same reason.(read the link)

ZiPhone never touches internal security data. -i option just fakes them.

I hope this helps those of you who have made mistakes

Just trying to help!!!
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fernandorinto View Post
    This is verry dangers, how bout if you have an iPhone that is 3.9 Bootloader OTB
    or if you do have a 4.6 Bootloader OTB but U do not want to Downgrade you Bootloader because of warranty purpose. Apple will refuse to fix your iPhone because of the BootLoader Does not match
    Jailbreaking and Activating your phone without AT&T also voids your warranty. Funny you're making a distinction there.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Since it's possible to revirginize a jailbroken phone unlocked for a different carrier other than AT&T, and it's impossible to software upgrade back to 4.6BL, I see the distinction.

[QUOTE=ericidle;187205]Taken direct from Zibri's Blog

You can restore the phone to "refurbished" state just issuing:
    ziphone -e

then ziphone -D and do a full restore to any os.

QUOTE]

so if i do this the baseband will go from 3.9 to 4.6?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jslappa View Post
    Since it's possible to revirginize a jailbroken phone unlocked for a different carrier other than AT&T, and it's impossible to software upgrade back to 4.6BL, I see the distinction.
    Ah, so its ok to break your warranty as long as Apple doesn't find out. And we're blaming ZiPhone for what exactly?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.