Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warning to users using ZiPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Warning to users using ZiPhone
    I have encountered two unique problems with this jailbreak, using multiple testing methods, I have come to the conclusion it is the fault of the jailbreak.

1st:

Using Installer, there is an app within the Multimedia section and Toys section that causes (1) the working icon to stay over the springboard forever, and upon reboot sit at apple logo, verbose mode does not fix this. I cannot narrow down the app, cause it seems two or three do it.

2nd:

Since this is about my 20th restore, I would say 15/20 times, upon getting back into springboard and trying to make a call, the speaker option is already lit, touching it removes the highlighted icon, but no sound comes from the phone at all, no sound, nor can the person hear you. This also comes with the broken youtube, if the youtube isnt working, neither is the phone.

I don't want to say that his jailbreak is the cause, but Nate's and the Dev Teams did not cause me this problem. I think more so that its a certain program that I have not been able to narrow down. It's just rather frustrating to have to restore 2-3 times a day cause of some bunked app.
    WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT

Everything works perfectly for me

i had one problem with youtube not working so i just reinstalled 1.1.3 again and when itunes updated my phone and asked to save my settings i just clicked no so i would have a nice clean install everything worked fine after that

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have also jailbroken 8 phones with this method, not a hitch. Using Windows Vista. Don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's a quirk with your phone?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Point #2 -- This happened to me but after making an outgoing call all was better. I thought it was a problem on the other end at first but this seems to confirm my initial suspicion. But it is not permanent.

Does anyone get the "Cannot connect to YouTube problem after using the ZiPhone jailbreak? That's what happened to me.

yep happened to me too...and ive re jailbroken lots of times- finnally i just gave up and kept on hacking so i have no youtube (the activator apps and stuff dont affect it) nothing will fix it. i believe it is ziphone because broke the phone with the old version and have a broken youtube but broke my friend's with the new version and his works...just dont want to redo my phone... hey everybody cheer for winpwn, it might save us!!!

yeah i used ziphone just fine....honestly i think most of the time if you **** up your phone its more likely caused by using unsafe sources cause most apps are written by normal people who dont test for conflicts with other software....like tap tap revolution bricked my phone and it was because i was running that and an unstable version of another app...
    so i wouldnt blame ziphone for anything that happens to your phone

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    I have encountered two unique problems with this jailbreak, using multiple testing methods, I have come to the conclusion it is the fault of the jailbreak.

1st:

Using Installer, there is an app within the Multimedia section and Toys section that causes (1) the working icon to stay over the springboard forever, and upon reboot sit at apple logo, verbose mode does not fix this. I cannot narrow down the app, cause it seems two or three do it.

2nd:

Since this is about my 20th restore, I would say 15/20 times, upon getting back into springboard and trying to make a call, the speaker option is already lit, touching it removes the highlighted icon, but no sound comes from the phone at all, no sound, nor can the person hear you. This also comes with the broken youtube, if the youtube isnt working, neither is the phone.

I don't want to say that his jailbreak is the cause, but Nate's and the Dev Teams did not cause me this problem. I think more so that its a certain program that I have not been able to narrow down. It's just rather frustrating to have to restore 2-3 times a day cause of some bunked app.
    i think its just your phone...i ziphoned it along with boot neuteur and no issues everything works