Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone 2.0 Left iPhone on Apple Icon always On

Default Ziphone 2.0 Left iPhone on Apple Icon always On
    Brand new phone tried the Ziphone 2.0 on windows. Now the phone doesnt switich off at all. Its constantly on Apple Icon.

Tried Ziphone -v -b...no luck
    Tried to Switch of with Power+Home button...no luck
    Itunes (7.5.002) does not see the iphone.

Help...Anyone have same problems and managed to get out of this sticky mess?

Thanks in Advance.

(The damn thing does not switch of whatever I do!)

try -v -j it worked for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dont worry too much heres what u do:
    *take ur iphone off the plug
    *hold the home and power button until it turns off
    *hold the home button BUT NOT the power button and plug it back in
    *your screen will now show that its in recover mode
    *all u need to do is restore and try again

Thanks so much, I freaked out last night :S

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having the same exact problem. I can't get it past the apple screen.

I tried doing the HOME+RESTART button and letting go of the OFF button but that still did not work. Anyone find a solution? I hope we arn't *****'d

Im in the exact same situation???

Have tried all the above methods but still just showing the apple logo and thats it. PC and iTunes are not recognising the device.

HAve tried running iBrickr and 112 restore program but saying it is not connected.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER PROGRAMS OUT THERE THAT CAN UNBRICK THE PHONE!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys it's all in the timing. Have a look at Sidetalker's downgrade / jailbreak / upgrade guide and he describes how to get the timing right to enter DFU mode. The you can use iBrickr or jailbreak.jar / windows.bat to reboot normally.
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned

Thanks Wayno for the help however i have tried everything exactly as described and still no response. All i can get is the apple logo.

Running Windows XP with a 112OTB. Getting no response from any program or method, hoping that there is another program/method that i can use.

At the moment the phone is useless.

Cheers,

thanksssssssssssssss

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waz94 View Post
    Im in the exact same situation???

Have tried all the above methods but still just showing the apple logo and thats it. PC and iTunes are not recognising the device.

HAve tried running iBrickr and 112 restore program but saying it is not connected.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER PROGRAMS OUT THERE THAT CAN UNBRICK THE PHONE!
    While the iPhone is plugged into the computer, hold the wake/home buttons for 10 seconds, release the wake button, keep holding the home button down until iTunes pops up and says its discovered a phone that needs restoring.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

THis happened to me the other day. i got my 16gb in the mail and said the hell with it. I used the terminal method, did not close itunes and bam, apple logo burnt onto the face of my hour old phone. got it into dfu mode with no problems, but when I tried to restore, I got "error 2001, phone could not be restored" I pooped my pants, tried a couple more times with the same results. finally, I unplugged the phone usb, turned off my macbook, rebooted and the restore finally worked. MMI ziphone GUI worked without a hitch though. I think the apple logo has to do with itunes being open during the jailbreak, or itunes helper recognizing your phone when ziphone restores it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wayno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waz94 View Post
    Thanks Wayno for the help however i have tried everything exactly as described and still no response. All i can get is the apple logo.

Running Windows XP with a 112OTB. Getting no response from any program or method, hoping that there is another program/method that i can use.

At the moment the phone is useless.

Cheers,
    Seriously, keep trying home / sleep to get you into DFU mode. I had exactly the same scenario a week ago (after using ZiPhone grrr) with a client's phone and was panicking thinking I'd bricked it but then one time it just worked.
    iPhone 3gs, running 4.2 Greenp0is0ned
    iPad 32Gb, running 4.2 Grrenp0is0ned