Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone and screen calibration?

Default Ziphone and screen calibration?
    I have a 1st gen iPhone on pwned 2.0.2 firmware. After upgrading to 2.0, I have had random instances where slide to unlock/answer is stuck: the slider will not budge no matter how I try, and I have to turn off the screen and then turn it back on several times to unlock the phone. I've read that this might be due to faulty screen calibration, and also that Ziphone has been known to mess up calibration tables. When I was on 1.1.3, I used Ziphone to unlock, could it be that Ziphone has messed up screen calibration even back then? (I didn't have the slider issues before upgrading to 2.0). If so, is there any way to fix it?

not only that the actual digitizer which recognizes your touch and movement could be going out, have you dropped your phone at all? if its under warranty i would just restore it to default firmware and have them replace it.

dont mention you ever dropped it, just state what its doing and dont know why(hopefully you have an apple store near by, always best to make an appointment or go on standby--if you walk in without an appointment they may tall you they cant see you unless you have one, just ask to be put on standby)

Thanks

Ziphone does not mess up calibration tables. Your problem is very likely hardware related.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I'm afraid this is not a hardware problem, a lot of people on this thread share the same problem. The Ziphone messing up calibration tables rumor has popped up quite frequently here and there on this and other forums, but I'm not sure this is the cause. On Ziphone unlocked 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 I didn't have a problem, it was only after I upgraded to 2.0 that the slider issue started, and downgrading back to 1.1.4 only made it worse.

Thanks

Rumors are just that, rumors, they carry no factual weight. The reason you see so many threads against Ziphone is not because of the program, but because of its author. And not something I'm willing to rehash here.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

wifi calibration tables and calibration for the digitizer are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    wifi calibration tables and calibration for the digitizer are two different things.

and just where did wifi come from?

hes talking about the screen not responding to touch....lol

only 2 things can go wrong, calibration(software), or digitizer(hardware)

and personally i have used ziphone and have never had a problem with it(i also use iliberty, so dont say anything)

what i have had a problem with is the digitizer, twice i have had to replace my phone because of it, once under ziphone, and the other under iliberty-so hence why i say DIGITIZER

Thanks

Yes, thank you, movalwebmaster. The way people are talking it seems as if they are getting confused, because there is nothing known as a digitizer calibration table
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-08-29 at 04:04 PM.