Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!
    Zibri has released ZiPhone - an incredible tool for activating, jailbreaking, and unlocking all versions of iPhones (unlock only works on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB).

Its incredibly easy to use, and both OS X and Windows versions are included in the download. Instructions from the readme:

Connect a brand new phone to the dock.
    Run the program

Well, you can also use a restored phone...
    Or a normal in use phone...
    Well... whatever !
    You can download the app here, or if you're not an MMi member you can download it here or from MediaFire.

Here's how to use the app:

Tutorial for noobs:

1. Put iPhone in Dock

2. Copy all files under C:

3. Start/Run --> write cmd --> Hit Enter

4. Drag ziphone.exe into the cmd window and you will see this:

C:ziphone.exe"

5. type -j -a

and it need to look like this:

C:ziphone.exe" -j -a

6. hit enter and follow directions! Directions looking like this:

ZiPhone v1.0 by Zibri. http://zibree.blogspot.com
    Source code available at: http://www.iphone-elite.org

Loading zibri.dat.
    Searching for iPhone...
    Please power off the iPhone, then hold the home button
    and connect to dock to enter recovery mode.
    Working...
    Please wait 45".
    Done!

( To put your iPhone in recovery mode, hold down sleep/wake + Home Button until you see the iTunes logo on your iPhone)

7. Do the same thing with dragging ziphone.exe to cmd and write -u

This looks like this:

C:ziphone.exe" -u

ZiPhone v1.0 by Zibri. http://zibree.blogspot.com
    Source code available at: http://www.iphone-elite.org

Loading zibri.dat.
    Searching for iPhone...
    Working...
    Please wait 2'30".
    Done!
    I will have a better guide up soon in the Wiki, this is just a basic rewrite of a guide a user tossed up.

Mad props to Zibri and the dev team for their incredible work on this!

http://zibree.blogspot.com/

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Kuzzo (2008-03-02)

WOah! Doesn't work for me....After running C:ziphone.exe" -u
    I get Unable to resolve "perte32"

Use this GUI to make things easier.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/91116812/ZiPhoneUI.exe
    copy to ziphone folder and run. you should have Dotnet Framework 2.0 or above installed to work.

sorry for this maybe noobish question but:

does that in other words mean that I don't need anything like stealthSIM or something similair anymore to unlock and use 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OOB iphones with every simcard? or am I confusing things here? it's just that i'm planning to buy my iphone in maybe 1-2 weeks and if I don't need stealthSIM etc. that would save me money.

regards

not working for me aswell.. even after using the GUI ones.

its working for me so far, but I dont have signal at all...my iPhone was a OTB 1.0.X installed bsd subsystem 2,1, also installed the fix, now installing anysim 1.3 as I write this post and waiting to see if my iPhone recovers signal again I'll keep ya updated guys....

YES! IT WORKS IT WORKS!!! HAHAHA

follow the instructions of the program, once you get the installer on, remember to refresh sources and search for BSD SUBSYSTEM 2,1 install it, restart phone, install fix for BSD "just in case" ,install anysim 1.3 and that's it im using 1.1.3
    Last edited by bloodlord; 2008-02-12 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this is great! i have tried downgrading to 1.1.1 and my phone remains unlocked.. update to 1.1.2 and still unlocked.. update it again to 1.1.3 and still.. unlocked holding on.. =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It worked but with one snag,My mail no longer works.What Are the settings to get my yahoo mail working again?

Suprised myself as a complete noob and ejit. I managed to get this to work. Easy with the GUI interface.

However having put in a vodafone sim You Tube does not work any more, say cannot connect to You Tube, am I missing a step here?

Also can I now go and update to 1.1.3 through itunes or is there a special way to do this now the phone is unlocked?

Wow! Just jailbroke my 1.1.3....took 2 minutes!!! Everything works. I have jailbroken my Iphone through every firmware version Apple has released and this was by far the best!

Thanks

GOODBYE *#307#,GOODBYE JAILBREAKME.COM/CARNAVAL/INDEPENDENCE/IDEMOCRACY/GOODBYE ANYSIM....this is the words i can say only for this softare...GREATEST AMONG ALL!
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Doesn't work for my iPhone.

iPhone 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 with AnySIM unlocked. With iTunes 7.6 on PC, iPhone is restored to 1.1.3.

Running latest ZiPhone 2.0 in command mode.

After "Entering recovery mode", "Working...", and "Please wait 45""....

iPhone restarted with white Apple logo there for like 45 minutes (not seconds). Nothing happened.

Had to restore iPhone back to 1.1.3 many times (got error 1604 from time to time).

The same error (white Apple) repeats every time.

So what went wrong? Do I have to use iTunes 7.5 instead?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Piz For This Useful Post:

rparima (2008-02-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Piz View Post
    Doesn't work for my iPhone.

iPhone 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 with AnySIM unlocked. With iTunes 7.6 on PC, iPhone is restored to 1.1.3.

Running latest ZiPhone 2.0 in command mode.

After "Entering recovery mode", "Working...", and "Please wait 45""....

iPhone restarted with white Apple logo there for like 45 minutes (not seconds). Nothing happened.

Had to restore iPhone back to 1.1.3 many times (got error 1604 from time to time).

The same error (white Apple) repeats every time.

So what went wrong? Do I have to use iTunes 7.5 instead?
    according to the readme.txt this tool only works for 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OOB phones

Ok.... So I have a 1.1.2 Jailbroke. (Originally a 1.0.2 OTB with 3.9BL).

Do you REALLY just upgrade to 1.1.3 via iTunes, and then run the ZiPhone GUI program, and checkmark the boxes you want to do?

Just seems WAY to easy, and want to make sure I don't do something stupid.

Thanks guys! PS....YouTube doesn't work...is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by mikenoecker View Post
    Ok.... So I have a 1.1.2 Jailbroke. (Originally a 1.0.2 OTB with 3.9BL).

Do you REALLY just upgrade to 1.1.3 via iTunes, and then run the ZiPhone GUI program, and checkmark the boxes you want to do?

Just seems WAY to easy, and want to make sure I don't do something stupid.

Thanks guys! PS....YouTube doesn't work...is that correct?
    It says "unlock only works on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB"

In any case i recommend you wait a couple of days for any and all issues to be identified so far ive read issues with wifi not working. There will probably be some fixes in a few days.

Finally got it fixed.

MUST use iTunes 7.5.
    MUST use -v mode (-j -a -v to jailbreak and unlock; -u -v to unlock) for me

If the iPhone got stuck in the white apple logo, just press power and home, then wait till it's power off, then press power and home, wait till white apple comes up again, let go of power, until it's in Recovery mode.

Continue with ZiPhone! And you should be all set.

I just bought 16 gig iphone from the store today and I'm very new to this unlock process. I would like to confirm of how to unlock it:
    1. Download ZiPhone 2.0
    2. run ziphoneGUI.exe
    3. Check all the check boxes (Unlock, Activate and Jailbreak)
    4. Click Start
    5. dock the iPhone.
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks freeing up my I phone less then 3 minutes. The only feature that does not work is the map. But happy it works thanks again I was waiting for this for 2 months.
    NILO CASTELLANO
    FREE IPHONE
    IPhone:16GB
    Product Version: 1.1.4(4A102)
    Baseband Version:+(Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G)
    +(Bootloader Version 3.9_M3S2)
    I tunes Version:7.6
    Zip Phone Version: 2.5
    MAC OS X: 10.4.11
    T-mobile Unlimited Minutes+T-Zones

Will this work with an iPhone that came with 1.1.2 and was upgraded to 1.1.3? I've tried to do it and it just restarts the phone and gets stuck on the Apple logo.

Thanks in advance...

Some explicit questions about the ziphone unlock (2.0):

If I upgrade my iPhone to 1.1.3 via iTunes, I presume it upgrades the BL and modem firmware. I've been statying at 1.1.1/BL3.9 using TurboSIM.

If i then use ZiPhone, I understand it downgrades the modem firmware (but keeps BL 4.6 unless I request to downgrade). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Explicit Questions:

1. Using the default -v -a -j -u, will the resulting unlocked 1.1.3 iPhone work COMPLETELY like a real 1.1.3 iphone (including Google location, Wifi, YouTube)?

2. WHY would anyone downgrade to BL 3.9: what advantage is there? Also, if you downgrade to 3.9, do you lose any 1.1.3 functionality (eg. Google maps locate?)

3. Does this new unlock method cause any permanent damage to the firmware (ie can I restore to VIRGIN, UNLOCKED state using iTunes)? I was stung by the original seczone unlock by devteam thus stayed away and used TurboSIM to keep things pristine.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast