Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

With Ziphone 2.4 it gets eaiser
    HaRdWiReD

Exclamation HELP!!! Upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 with ZiPhone
    WOW! DONE! WORKS! Going to donate $$$ right now!

Hi Everyone,

Pardon me for not knowing much about unlocking as I am a noob and have just been really scared to upgrade my iphone (For almost 1 year!)
    I visit the site often and then get turned off by the ultra technical steps to upgrade. Finally this thread / software seems to be an easy solution!

I just had some questions for people to guide me with this upgrade. I am using an unlocked, activated, jailbroken 1.0.2 firmware iphone. It was unlocked using anysim and jailbroken via ibrickr. I think I'm finally ready for a 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 upgrade. I needed a few questions answered before I undertake this process. Please tell me how I can upgrade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3? Are any of these steps needed:

1. Do i need to virginize the iPhone and then restore it to its original 1.0.2 state after virginizing, and then upgrade to 1.1.2 / 1.1.3 OR do I upgrade straight away to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 from its current unlocked 1.0.2 state? Do I need to upgrade to 1.1.2 before upgrading to 1.1.3, or go directly to 1.1.3? NOTE: Mine is NOT a OOB 1.1.2 or 1.1.3, but an unlocked 1.0.2 OOB.

2. Which version of iTunes should I use? I just formatted my Windows XP SP2 system, and its ready to take in a new iTunes that will aid with this process. The last time I tried to upgrade to 1.1.1 (A few months back) it kept failing, apparently due to the wrong iTunes version.

3. I will be doing this on Windows XP, so please guide me on how this can be done, and by using what software (ZiPhone for Windows, .NET2.0, iTunes V7.XX, etc)? Also I have no idea about the bootloader, and that its just an unlocked 1.0.2 OOB with Modem firm ware 03.14.08_G (Almost a year old) using anysim and iBrickr.

Please let me know as I am really excited to see such a simple solution after such a long time.

Much respect,
    GP, Dubai, U.A.E.
    Last edited by g_patkar; 2008-02-27 at 01:42 AM. Reason: worked

Does anyone know if I unlock my iPhone, can I lock it up again if I need to? Also, I have AT&T will that make a difference?

Got it to work as well. 1.1.1 restored to 1.1.3 and ZiPhone in 3 minutes done!
    Last edited by almawatches; 2008-03-02 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just used ZiPhone 2.5 on my OTB 1.0.2 that was initially unlocked and just a few minutes before using ziPhone upgraded to 1.1.4. It worked brilliantly, it's never been simpler (as long as you follow the instructions).

Bravo

PS. YouTube is working on my phone, but I do have it connected to my WiFi network

I have read almost all posts here. For 1.1.4 OTB Zi2.5 has been tested and used by someone? I am getting a phone soon.

TIA
    freedom

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    am not sure about 1.1.4 OTB, but 1.0.2 OTB then upgraded to 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.6 and ZiPhone OSX 2.5 worked just fine for me to unlock, jailbreak and activate.

Am sitting here as I type looking at my docked iPhone, unlocked and working on Optus, yipeeeeee!!

But make sure you follow the ZiPhone instructions!!!!!

Cheers
    Kuz

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've used ziphone on a 1.1.3 phone unlocked with ziphone, upgraded to 1.1.4, then unlocked with ziphone 2.5. Verrrrry simple.
    Everyday is a New Day...

hello,

I am a motorola & ATT Tilt modder and i just bought a 16gb IPHONE. how can i determine what version it has and will this software unlocked the new 16gb iphone?

tried running the Ziphone 2.4 on a new iphone but it prompt cant pair with iphone. anyone know why???Thanks.

Having some issues with the Ziphone 2.5c, everytime i click the "Do it all!" or "Refurbish" I get to the point where it says "Phone detected! Rebooting in RECOVERY MODE..." and I'm just waiting for good 5-10 min. and my iphone has the plug and itunes symbol shown.

Has anyone else been stuck here?

Green Apple
    Thanks

put it in dfu mode, SHIFT+restore to 1.1.4 ipsw. Then DO IT ALL. I bet it will work.
    Everyday is a New Day...

I successfuly unlocked my 1.1.3 with Ziphone in exactly 3.5 minutes.

I have 2 more iphones which also have 1.1.3 and they need to be used outside of USA. So after I unlock them with Ziphone, should I downgrade to v1.1.2 OR just run the iworld for v1.1.2 and it should work on v1.1.3??

Anyone from outside the US have any experience in this matter. I dont have an international SIM so there is no way for me to check whether it will work until the phone gets to my friend.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm in Oz and have a successfully unlocked my phone running on 1.1.4 that I unlocked with ZiPhone. It works fine here on Telstra and Virgin

Cheers

Help Pls

I just bought an iphone (1.1.4) today (March 8th 2008) and was trying to unlock/jailbreak with this version and the process failed. All I get now is the apple logo. How do I get it back to working to any state original or otherwise. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Guys pls help me out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piz View Post
    Finally got it fixed.

MUST use iTunes 7.5.
    MUST use -v mode (-j -a -v to jailbreak and unlock; -u -v to unlock) for me

If the iPhone got stuck in the white apple logo, just press power and home, then wait till it's power off, then press power and home, wait till white apple comes up again, let go of power, until it's in Recovery mode.

Continue with ZiPhone! And you should be all set.
    Page 2 of this post. I got stuck in the same spot unlocking 1.1.3 so I thought I'd save you from pulling out all your hair looking for it.

I had better luck with the Command Prompt version of Ziphone than the GUI version.

From Zibri:
    About the SPAMMING AT problem:
    That's not because of ziphone
    but because of people using ziphone on
    ipods when ipods were not supported.

Version 2.6b is RELEASED!
    Use CLEAR/FIX NVRAM to fix spamming at..
    New GUI for 2.6b Windows

Download: Win Version
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/99803244/V_ZiPhoneWin-2.6b.rar
    Download: OSX Version
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/99806064/V_ZiPhoneMac-2.6b.rar
    Enjoy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have a 1.0.0 4gb upgraded to 1.1.1 unlocked and running, shall i upgrade to 1.1.4 and run this program?

Guys,
    Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for all the help and tools provided in this forum.
    I'm a noob, just got my iphone 2 days ago and was able to upgrade to 1.1.4 using ZiPhone with the process described here and it works great.

Thanks again.

L.

Thanks for the tutorial. I used yesterday and it appears to work though I don't know how to verify if it unlocked the bands. I used my blackberry Sim Card and it worked with my iphone. By the way, once I used ziphone now my yahoo mail does not work. I get an error message telling me that my imap.apple and yaco,.com user name and/or passwork are not correct. I went to setting andd reentered my yahoo user name and password. It authenticated OK but I still can not get my yahoo email.

Please help!!!

Thanks,

Pedro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast