Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

#1 Vista does have a RUN option
    #2 Ive seen a lot of threads ZiPhone and this is the first one that mentions that ZiPhone has a customer bootloader, and that the bootloader change is one way. That's just stupid. Everyone who uses ZiPhones is now 100% dependent on Zibri and cannot load any current or future release firmware (whether they want to jailbreak or not). Does that sound like a safe thing to do?

this is really ez to work. on mac os x leopard.
    1. download the ziphone
    2. restore iphone (it upgrades to 1.1.4)
    3. let phone restart
    4. run ziphone 2.5
    5. goto advance > select unlock, jailbreak and activate
    6. start process
    7. wait
    8. phone restarts
    9. done.

I checked other sites. Once you use ZiPhone you are locked into his version of the bootloader. It is unclear what the implications of this are going forward.

Okay so I had a OTB 16GB iphone and used version 2.5c and clicked the DO IT ALL!! (this is for a friend)....then now he told me apparently his phone just froze and went into restore mode.

Tried to restore through itunes (1.1.4) and nothing happened get error 9?? WHAT IS error 9? tried looking it up on apple.com, hackingt0sh and this website and nothing.

Even used ibrick and got a green screen saying i need to restore, but i already tried to restore and cannot....still stuck at the restore mode (plug and itunes icon). Tried to even restore to 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and no luck.....any advice? I think the downgrade of the bootloader messed this up for me.

IF anyone can help me on this would extremely be helpful as this is for a friend.

-Fixed the problem: used another computer and did a SHIFT+RESTORE for 1.1.4 and for some reason it worked but not on my original computer.
    Last edited by Top-Fuel; 2008-03-13 at 05:36 AM.

hello when i tried dragging the ziphone.exe into the cmd window it would not work. does anyone know what i need to do????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannylu88 View Post
    Quick question guys ...

Will just jailbreaking and activating with ziphone 2.5c(no unlocking) downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9??

Thanks

I have the same question.....Also if the phone, 8/16GB 1.1.3. or 1.1.4, has been activated using iTunes (actual AT&T plan), do I have to perform a restore, activate using ziphone, and then jailbreak or can I just plug in the activated iphone and jailbreak?

Please help before I screw up my new phone.... TIA

So if I just pressed Jailbreak.. no unlock or anything, did the ziphone still downgrade my bootloader?

I also got my phone in early September, so maybe I already had 3.9? I am not sure which my bootloader is 3.9 or 4.6

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abby123 View Post
    So if I just pressed Jailbreak.. no unlock or anything, did the ziphone still downgrade my bootloader?

I also got my phone in early September, so maybe I already had 3.9? I am not sure which my bootloader is 3.9 or 4.6

That was shortly before I got mine, so I think that you can safely assume yours was OTB 3.9

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ripped53 For This Useful Post:

abby123 (2008-03-13)

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    That was shortly before I got mine, so I think that you can safely assume yours was OTB 3.9
    So this is good with the fact that if I need to pretend I didn't jailbreak and need to replace the phone.. But what about the earlier versions with the original 3.9 .. if Apple released an update that made it to wear if you had 3.9 it wouldn't work, that would just make the earliest iPhone buyers lose their use of the phone. So I am assuming they won't make something like this.

the new Ziphone 2.5c is a Gui, you don't need to drag it to CMD

Hey there, I'm not jailbroken nor have I ever been. I've been reading a lot and understand most stuff but I have a few questions...

phone details:
    Purchased in December
    Stock was 1.1.2. I upgraded to 1.1.3
    Settings > General > About > Serial starts 87749W....
    Activated through iTunes and on ATT network and iPhone plan.

1) I'm running Tiger on a PPC G4. Can I use ZiPhone to jailbreak this phone?
    2) Do I need to be worried about bootloader for any reason if I'm just jailbreaking?
    3) If anything goes wrong can I for sure, 100% without question restore to factory settings. (I really really REALLY don't want to end up with a $400 phone I can't use.)

Thanks.
    Want to Copy and Paste on your iPhone or Touch? Install iCopy on any device. (Doesn't require JailBreak)

Default An Email Iphone Problem For You Hackers...help!
    I have a OTB 16G IPhone and when I first used it untouched I could get email...since jaibreaking I can load all the great apps but when I try to access email I get this message: "The user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com" is incorrect"....What the heck does it mean? Did apple throw a new bomb in for the 1.1.4 jaikbreakers like me? Is there a way to fix this?

From Zibri:
    About the SPAMMING AT problem:
    That's not because of ziphone
    but because of people using ziphone on
    ipods when ipods were not supported.

Version 2.6b is RELEASED!
    Use CLEAR/FIX NVRAM to fix spamming at..
    New GUI for 2.6b Windows

Download: Win Version
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/99803244/V_ZiPhoneWin-2.6b.rar
    Download: OSX Version
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/99806064/V_ZiPhoneMac-2.6b.rar
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by soran View Post
    is this work for 1.1.2 3.9 bl ????????????? if I upgrading via iTunes to 1.1.3??? and thank you.
    i want to know that also..

I just updated to 1.1.4 using the ZiPhone 2.6b. Evderything is OK, but cannot connect to YouTube and Yahoo main.

Any suggestions!!!

Thank you./

Quote Originally Posted by mgt View Post
    I just updated to 1.1.4 using the ZiPhone 2.6b. Evderything is OK, but cannot connect to YouTube and Yahoo main.

Any suggestions!!!

Thank you./
    Try restore back to 1.1.4 and then use ZiPhone, it should fix the issue. It's most likely because you updated and not restored to 1.1.4
     15" Macbook Pro T8300 | 4GB RAM | 200GB
     24" iMac T7700 | 3GB RAM | 320GB
     iPhone 8GB | 2.2 | T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by phungy View Post
    Try restore back to 1.1.4 and then use ZiPhone, it should fix the issue. It's most likely because you updated and not restored to 1.1.4
    Actually here are the steps I did.

1) I Restore and Update to 1.1.4 from iTunes (Ctrl + Click on Update)
    2) Sync as a new phone
    3) Checked YouTube and Mail, and everything was working fine.
    4) Ran the Unlock It option on ZiPhone.

I have an old iphone (week 25) that has been upgraded 1.1.4 ; I am not a hacker and am far below this level. Am also quite overwhelmed with all of the instructions and procedures out there (evolution, eh?). I joined iphonegeek.com; it's like being in a large, empty room, no one to talk to except yourself. You can ask many questions but there are no replys!! I going for it tonight with Ziphone w/windows (w/the "do it all mode"). I've got an account w/Tmobile waiting, AT&T doesn't want my $$ anymore; haven't had a phone since Feb 1. What else do I need to know to "get 'er done" and start using Tmobile. Or perhaps I need to use a different route (Independence, etc.??). I'm just a tad overwhelmed at this point. Thanks for any help or comments...
    Last edited by imamatthews; 2008-03-22 at 07:31 AM. Reason: to withdraw the last half of the serial number!!

Q: I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.1 iPhone. Do I need to uninstall my various apps before running ZiPhone, then reinstall them once I'm running a jailbroken 1.1.4 unit? Thanks!

a noob question..
    i have read from other site that ziphone can change the imei, is that true?
    heres my situation: i have a otb112 which was jailbroke and activated to be used with turbosim before. since theres a geohots unlock before, i restore my iphone to 112 lock again, try to restore to 111 and then jailbreak , unlock and update to 112, but it didnt unlock and i notice the imei 04999.., so i decided to use ziphone to jaibreak and unlock, it went successful, but the imei still 0499,
    my question is can i still use ziphone to change the imei only wit out affecting the unlock phone? how? or should i do the process all over again??

hope some one could help me on this. thanks
    BTW am now on 112 unlock with ziphone bl3.9, wrong imei.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast