Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

i had try using Ziphone to recover my iphone w/o wifi ,bluetooth 00.00.0.00.0. ,imei 0049xxxxxxxxxxxx

anyone can help me with this ,very much appreciated .

thank you .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive downloaded ziphone 2.4 tried to extract it and it wont extract, if there an older version of this i could use? and where can i get it from??

Since most people on this thread report issues, I would say that ZiPhone is not ready for prime time. It claims to take care of everything, but is does not appear to be doing so.

Perhaps its creator can be directed here to comment on the issues?

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Sidetalker Edit: I sorta think that what I'm about to post should be the entire thread as the rest is pretty outdated... but I wouldn't want you to kill me poetic so that's up to you.

NOTES:
    - If you have trouble with iTunes 7.6, uninstall it and install iTunes 7.5 (Windows Download, Mac Download)

NOTES:
    - If you have trouble with iTunes 7.6, uninstall it and install iTunes 7.5 (Windows Download, Mac Download)

Downloads:
    - ZiPhone 2.3 GUI Windows (For ANY iPhone Windows ONLY) - Download
    - ZiPhone 2.3 GUI OSX (ZiPhone GUI for OSX ONLY) - Download

How to: (ZiPhone 2.3 Windows)

Step 1: Download ZiPhone.
    Step 2: Unzip it to your desktop.
    Step 3: Run the ZiPhoneGUI and do as you please.

How to: (ZiPhone 2.3 OSX)

Step 1: Download ZiPhone.
    Step 2: Unzip it to your desktop.
    Step 3: Run the ZiPhoneGUI and do as you please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zibri has released ZiPhone - an incredible tool for activating, jailbreaking, and unlocking all versions of iPhones (unlock only works on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 OTB).

Its incredibly easy to use, and both OS X and Windows versions are included in the download. Instructions from the readme:

You can download the app here, or if you're not an MMi member you can download it here or from MediaFire.

Here's how to use the app:

I will have a better guide up soon in the Wiki, this is just a basic rewrite of a guide a user tossed up.

Mad props to Zibri and the dev team for their incredible work on this!

http://zibree.blogspot.com/
    I am in such a confusioon and I do hope that you can help. I did everything with ZIphone and restored etc. I have installer icon and all was going well. Then I was told to download Both BSD systems and SSH. I have been totaly unable to get the BSD to download and I have let it stay for over 4 hours. It just sits in about 1/16th and goes nowhere else. I did the second BSD with no problems. I have had help but nobody can figure tis out. I am afraid to put in ay applications (games etc) as I had to redo this once already. I do hope that there is a way for this ZIphone Jailbreak will work for me and I will be able to enjoy it- or else so many hours and worry have been a waste. Please see what you can do for me. I am grateful in advance. By the way, we have closed te Iphone and the start button and retried it 6 times. NO Luck. Iwas told to be patient but 5 hours is absurd don't you think. Thank You in advance

There is a 2.4 version of ziPhone, perhaps that will resolve the issue....again...I dont think this program is ready. Its should install BSD and SSH for you if its suppose to truely be an effort free tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    There is a 2.4 version of ziPhone, perhaps that will resolve the issue....again...I dont think this program is ready. Its should install BSD and SSH for you if its suppose to truely be an effort free tool.
    It is effort free. However, I did learn the hard way to pay attention to the note about about changing the root password after installing SSH! Not heeding the note on Installer 3.0 NOT to do this will result with a continous reboot resulting an opportunity and some additional practice of jail breaking again.

However, 2.4 takes less than a minute to complete - so one cannot really complain if I just have to install BSD and SSH, as you are installing other applications as the point! Especially since this method is so much faster than any method I've tried.

On a 8gb AT&T 1.1.3

Default Upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4
    Hi, this might sound such an amateur question but I would like to ask what is the fastest/safest way for me to upgrade my 1.1.2 UNLOCKED iPhone to 1.1.3 (or 1.1.4).
    Can I just upgrade through Installer (iClarified)? Or do I have to do this ZiPhone process?
    Any advice on what's better (for now)? I have my worries in upgrading to 1.1.4 right away as there still might be a lot of bugs...
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I created a wiki for windows and using ZiPhone 2.5, if it works for you and is not the same conditions of my upgrade, please post your conditions and or conditions that did not meet the guide and how to work around them on the wiki, thanks

links here

Default ZIPHONE and TOTAL COMMANDER
    Has any1 found the fix for

Ziphone unlocked 1.1.3, but not showing complete directory in Total Commander?

Has any1 found the fix for

Ziphone unlocked 1.1.3, but not showing complete directory in Total Commander?
    Digg
    Last edited by super10; 2008-03-01 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default How about 1.0.2 unlocked phone?
    I have a 1.0.2 iPhone unlocked with the old iunlock.no instructions, which did something to the modem firmware, I believe. To upgrade to 1.1.1 or above, with the other unlocking methods, this meant that I had to virginize the phone to reset the firmware, which I didn't want to get into for the relatively small benefit of those releases. I like a couple of the 1.1.3 options, so now I want to upgrade. Does ziphone eliminate the need to virginize? I would just run it against my phone in its current unlocked, modem-flashed state? Or do I still need to virginize/reflash the modem firmware? If so, any pointers to the instructions and necessary files?

TIA.
    Last edited by ps2g4; 2008-03-02 at 08:05 AM.

Big Help Thanx Pf

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thought I'd give an update. I upgraded last night to 1.1.4
    Steps taken:

1. I took the plunge & did a restore via iTunes to 1.1.4, phone survived & was in the OTB state asking to activate with iTunes.
    2. Used iNdependence 1.4 Beta 5 to unlock because Safari wouldn't d/l ziphone properly. iNdependence worked like a charm for activating & jailbreak, but wouldn't do the SIM unlock for some reason, just hung waiting for the iPhone. Tried it a couple of times after rebooting iPhone, Mac, etc. without any change.
    3. d/l ziphone 2.5c with Firefox, which prompted me to save the binary file. uncompressed ziphone, ran it & went to the advanced tab, ran the sim unlock option & in two and a half minutes my phone was unlocked & completely functional at 1.1.4.

I've seen some threads with issues about ziphone, but 2.5c did the job for me.

My advice - start with ziphone, it's literally 1 button click.

Hi Primo,
    I also have a "turbo-sim'd" unlocked phone and was about to ask if the upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 could be accomplished with this tool. People still keep telling me that since the original unlock was done with the turbo chip, I still have to down to the virgin 1.1.2 and then perform the upgrade with this. Tell me they're wrong. I'm hesitant now to try it thinking I might "blow" the phone. When you used the tool, do you have to remove the chip and sim while performing the upgrade? Thanks for any info, first time doing this, don't want to screw up, Steve

ziphone 2.5c downgrades a 4.6 bootloader to 3.9

The problem is that you can not return to 4.6 using software.

Quote Originally Posted by buzios View Post
    ziphone 2.5c downgrades a 4.6 bootloader to 3.9

The problem is that you can not return to 4.6 using software.
    Why is the bootloader downgraded?

Default Will just jailbreaking and activating with ziphone 2.5c downgrade the bootloader?
    Quick question guys ...

Will just jailbreaking and activating with ziphone 2.5c(no unlocking) downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9??

Thanks

I have windows vista so there's no "run" program, how do I get to the right page to save it to C:?

Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Hello i need help, when im on the Loading zibri.dat step, right after this step it says "cant open zibri.dat. can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannylu88 View Post
    Quick question guys ...

Will just jailbreaking and activating with ziphone 2.5c(no unlocking) downgrade the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9??

Thanks
    In that case the bootloader should remain the same

Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post
    Why is the bootloader downgraded?
    Because Zibri decided to do so.

The problem is that the bootloader he is installing CAN NOT BE REVERSED unless you open the phone.....

Don't ask me why he does not want to install BL 3.9 fake blank that does the job and you can go back to 4.6 if needed.
    Last edited by buzios; 2008-03-10 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast