Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ZiPhone issues
    I have some issues with ZiPhone jailbreak.

1. when I first used ZiPhone to jailbreak and activate (my UK o2 contract 1.1.2 OTB iPhone that I upgraded to 1.1.3), it worked but would not get any network signal at all after it had finished.

2. The second time I tried ZiPhone it worked fine with full network signal but when I tried to use iPhoneBrowser it does not show any of the directories on the phone so I cant edit any of the files that I would like to.

I also tried using total commander which before I found very useful and faster than iPhoneBrowser to transfer files to the phone but that does not work now either.

I am using a laptop with Windows Vista, If anyone can help then it is most appreciated.

Thanks.

hey guys,

having problems with installing anything through Installer. I followed the steps and I get the message, "Package Download Failed!"
    I did some searches and I tried to use BossTool but I can't even install that. I can't SSH into the phone either since I don't have that installed.

What do I do??
    Last edited by willsterstyle; 2008-02-17 at 11:48 PM.

Okay - so I have jailbreaked my iphone and I have the Installer on my phone and I clicked install on a theme and I am not seeing the theme that I have chosen.... How do I get it to work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

willsterstyle, Try chosing an application on installer and after you choose "install" push clear queue then try again, it worked for me.

im new today and c u r on. can I ask u a couple of questions. I also am using ziphone?
    If anyone is still online and can chat with me now, I am also using ziphone. I did get it to get my phone sig. back on. I am an at&t cust. started with 1.1.2 4.9
    Last edited by pup; 2008-02-18 at 06:05 AM. Reason: new 2 system

Ok so i've had my iPhone since day 1. Im guessing to use this I need to restore update my phone to 1.1.3 in iTunes the official way (im on 1.1.2 jailbroken)

then with it connected, run ziphone
    ------
    "7 Hit enter. The program will tell you to disconnect, shut down the iphone, press home button and reconnec. The iphone will enter in recovery mode."
    ------
    im a bit confused at this step. With the phone off, i press the home button and reconnect it? Hold home while reconnecting? Or is this telling me to put it in DFU recovery mode then reconnect it?(hold sleep/wake+home untill screen turns black let off sleep/wake and continue holding home)

Assuming this all goes well. after its done, i just connect to iTunes to activate, or will it be activated when its done? Do i check activate and jailbreak?

I am activated with AT&T through iTunes.
    Thanks to all and everyone who helps out.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 2008-02-18 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Forgot something....

no homo but i love you for making this program. my iphone has been out of commision for a month cause i screwed it up after updating to 1.1.3. Man i've had sleepless nights trying to get it back together and just gave up and bought a new phone to wait for the new anysim program coming out at the end of the month. I saw this today, followed the easy steps and voila, my phone is back and fully functional. Now i can have fun and get the babes again. lol

ok so I upgraded to 1.1.3 all went well and jailbroke it. Then everything went bad... I try to install a program through installer and when I exit installer it tries to restart springboard like it should. But instead of doing that it just gets stuck with the little spinning icon forever....

This has happend both times I've tried it and both times had to restore. so now I'm stuck with non jailbroken 1.1.3... I'm not a happy camper right now.

Please help. Thanks.

Ok so according to Ziphone.org you have to install BSD Subsystem after using ZiPhone before installing any apps. I just did this and it fixed my issue with apps not working. So this will clear up many people's issue with installed apps bouncing back to springboard when you try to open them. There are still a few this not working like games and such but I have a feeling it is because they are compatible to 1.1.3.....just a hunch.

Hello there..

Listen, I got my iPhone 1.1.2 out of the box and I jailbroken it and I was able to use internet, ipod and other services... they said I couldnt use any sim but I tried getting a gophone from at&t and that prepaid sim card worked on the iPhone so I had a phone too... then I updated it to 1.1.3 using the files form Installer... and after a day or so... I was putting a video on my iPhone and the Map service was kicking me out everytime I tried to use it... didnt pay attention and kept on doing stuff... I was putting a movie on the iphone and when I started watching it after a few min my iPhone got lock back by itself... I was surprised, I tried to unlocked/jailbroken again but there was no OktoPrep after I jailbroken it so I tested a lot with different things till I started to get weird error messages and so... but I made my way to get it back to the 1.1.2 version and I found this ZiPhone thing... so i gave it a try and it unlocked it really quick... then, I couldnt open safari or installer... it wasnt showing nothing for some reason... so I switched again my goPhone SIM card and then I finally got into instaler and safari and maps... but guess what, now im getting charged everytime I use those services and im getting charge a lot... this was not happening with that older way of downgrading and jailbreaking... i was able to get all the services without paying nothing and even with the SIM card that comes in the phone when you buy it...

Am I missing something that blocks this or let me use all those services without paying... I considering on going back to the old method but I dont know if OktoPrep is back on installer and without that I dont wanna test anymore and fck up more my iPhone... so can anyone help me here

Thanks

I just upgraded by downloading from iTunes and then using ZiPhone with the GUI at iphone.unlock.no and everything works great, even YouTube. The only problem I have is there is now 2.24 GB in my 'Other' storage which is way too high as I havent installed anything since. Has anyone else got this problem? Any solutions?

Cheers

Ok someone needs to fix this. I got the jailbreak to work, sorta... by sorta i mean that its really buggy and iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser says its not jailbroken. I still have the problem when i install an app and try to exit installer, spring board cant restart. same when i try to change a theme in summerboard, it tries to restart springboard, but it just freezes. so in order to unfreeze it. i have to run the jailbreak again (Thanks to normdepal for that tip, now i don't need to restore every time this happens)

I'm beginning to see no point in upgrading to 1.1.3, as its too unstable. Put TTR, sendsong and voice notes for 1.1.2 back up on installer and I'll be happy with 1.1.2(if i could get back to 1.1.2)

Did anyone find out why youtube wont work?

Will try this when it becomes available for Tiger.

I just ziphone'd my new 16gb and I'm having problems installing apps using installer.

Thank you so much for the postings.... My iphone now works again thanks to this forum...

i'm confused about the activate function on the ziphone.
    does the activate box help you create an account for at&t for would you have to take the iphone to a at&t store.
    thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Ok someone needs to fix this. I got the jailbreak to work, sorta... by sorta i mean that its really buggy and iBrickr or iPhoneBrowser says its not jailbroken. I still have the problem when i install an app and try to exit installer, spring board cant restart. same when i try to change a theme in summerboard, it tries to restart springboard, but it just freezes. so in order to unfreeze it. i have to run the jailbreak again (Thanks to normdepal for that tip, now i don't need to restore every time this happens)

I'm beginning to see no point in upgrading to 1.1.3, as its too unstable. Put TTR, sendsong and voice notes for 1.1.2 back up on installer and I'll be happy with 1.1.2(if i could get back to 1.1.2)
    First of all, the FIX for iBrickr and iPhoneBrowser not recognizing the phone as being jailbroken is: add "http//i.unlock.no" to your installer sources. Then install ZiPhone iBrickr Fix ( I believe it's at the very bottom of the category named "unlock or unlocks, if my memory serves me correctly). Reboot iPhone for changes to take effect (turn completely off, then back on again).

Also, have you learned any solution to the springboard reset crashing problem yet? I've been having the very same problem. Done the complete restore thingie 3 times now (I hadn't yet read your post about simply re-jailbreaking with ZiPhone again).

worked great for me and i have an original phone. the only problem is it keeps asking me for my email password. how do i get this to stop?
    Last edited by turbo.:R; 2008-02-26 at 01:37 AM.

hi. my iphone's got bricked last sunday (112OTB jailbroken sim unlocked) tried ziphone just a while ago, worked!!! Im now with 113. Thanks zibri!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast