Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no prob but what system r u using? because i might know whats wrong if ur using windows

What if you have AT&T and don't want to unlock, can you just jailbreak only?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bkushner, if u dont want to unlock u dont have to, just stop after u jailbreak and it says done

If you have AT&T do you still need to check the activate box?

I do this and it jailbreaks and activates my iPhone. The problem is once Im on the home screen I don't get any service. I'm using my At&t sim but I haven't activated through itunes. Is there anything else I need to do besides jailbreak and activate?

im running windows and cant seem to get this to work. i am using the GUI for it, do i need to do the whole dos thing?

it keeps getting stuck on the apple logo and cant do anything unless i fully restore it to using itunes

im running windows and cant seem to get this to work. i am using the GUI for it, do i need to do the whole dos thing?

it keeps getting stuck on the apple logo and cant do anything unless i fully restore it to using itunes
    Last edited by tankster; 2008-02-14 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I too, am having the same problem as Tankster....what are we to do??????

Default Customize not working with ZiPhone!!
    Is anyone having this problem? Whenever I click on Customize, it tries loading for about 20 seconds and then jumps back to the home screen....why is this happening??
    Modding Addict

Well I thought I'd give ZiPhone a try. I've had my iPhone hacked since day one when I was one of the lucky ones that got it at launch. Right now my iPhone is sitting at the "silver apple" boot screen after the first reboot that ZiPhone does and hasn't budged since. It's been approximately 35 minutes now and it doesn't respond to any input nor does the PC acknowledge it's connected anymore. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do? I'm starting to see the very bad writing on the wall that it's a goner.

westlin, mine does the exact same thing after I try to jailbreak it....this only seems to happen when I use the GUI version and not through command prompt. I wish someone could shed some light on this.

Seems like there are problems with the script in ZiPhone, I've tried jailbreaking with versions 2.1 2.2 and the newly released 2.3 and in all versions I get the error "Package Download Failed" when I try to install 90% of the applications in installer.

I've also experienced problems with Customise kicking me back to springboard and it generally seems to make the phone unstable. It's great because it works so fast but I'd rather do it the long way and have everything working correctly.

I've lost count of how many times I've restored this damn phone now.

Quote Originally Posted by dj3riple View Post
    westlin, mine does the exact same thing after I try to jailbreak it....this only seems to happen when I use the GUI version and not through command prompt. I wish someone could shed some light on this.
    I was doing some research and found a way to get around it. If you hold the power and home buttons until it flashes off. Continue to hold both buttons until the unit powers off completely. Then release the power button all the while holding down the home button then dock it to the sync cable. It will power back on then release the home button. It will go back into recovery mode. At this point then just relaunch iTunes and shift-right click on the restore button. Select the 1.1.3 firmware again and restore it. Then try again. I also would recommend getting the 2.2 version of ZiPhone down. That's what worked for me. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JurisHP View Post
    Is anyone having this problem? Whenever I click on Customize, it tries loading for about 20 seconds and then jumps back to the home screen....why is this happening??
    I appears that Customize app does not work with ZiPhone.

i used this method to jailbreak my iphone a few days ago and everything was working fine except for the customize not working.. now i just realized that iPhoneBrowser or iDemocracy or any other kind of prog to get into the directories doesnt seem to work.. i can only access the DCIM, photos, and itunes control folders. its like this method only does half of its jailbreaking job unless im doing something wrong.

my phone is a 1.1.2 4.6 upgraded to 1.1.3 and used the ziphone jb.

has anybody that used this method actually get into thier root directories?

Ok now after restoring my phone to 1.1.3 again and using the new Ziphone version 2.3, it seems to go right through the process with no problems (all manner of text showing on the screen), then reboots and there is no install.app...what gives???

Quote Originally Posted by westlin View Post
    I was doing some research and found a way to get around it. If you hold the power and home buttons until it flashes off. Continue to hold both buttons until the unit powers off completely. Then release the power button all the while holding down the home button then dock it to the sync cable. It will power back on then release the home button. It will go back into recovery mode. At this point then just relaunch iTunes and shift-right click on the restore button. Select the 1.1.3 firmware again and restore it. Then try again. I also would recommend getting the 2.2 version of ZiPhone down. That's what worked for me. Good luck!
    Westlin, you're my savior man...

OK for all of those who are having problems with your phone either, A. Going into a state where it doesn't leave the boot screen, or B. The jailbreak method says it went ok, yet the installer app doesn't show up at all:

you need to downgrade iTunes to 7.5, restore your phone with 1.1.3, and then using Ziphone version 2.3 to jailbreak your phone and you're gold.
    Last edited by dj3riple; 2008-02-17 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do I get installer on my phone after using ZiPhone?

Downloaded ZiPhone 2.3, ran ClickHereX4.6 successfully ..should I now enter ziphone -a -j ?

Edit: Sweet! That's what I did and it worked! It seemed like that apple logo screen was on there forever lol. Def will donate. Thanks Zibri!
    Last edited by iwillshowyouhow; 2008-02-17 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iwillshowyouhow View Post
    How do I get installer on my phone after using ZiPhone?

Downloaded ZiPhone 2.3, ran ClickHereX4.6 successfully ..should I now enter ziphone -a -j ?

Edit: Sweet! That's what I did and it worked! It seemed like that apple logo screen was on there forever lol. Def will donate. Thanks Zibri!
    Just use the ziphone 2.3 GUI next time...couldn't be simpler.

Ok....so I used ZiPhone 2.3 last night on OSX Tiger and everything went very smoothly. In 45 sec or so the iPhone was successfully Jailbroken(if that a word). When going through the installer.app and attempting to install I was getting a few errors like the ones that have been mentioned above. I rebooted and it allowed me to download a few apps. After downloading the apps had to reboot again and then they appeared. Some are working fine and others not at all. Summerboard and books are fine but flashlight and Make It Mine will not work at all. It gives the same problem that others have described here, attempts to open the app and then immediately jumps back to springboard. Oh and downloading games does not work at all. Does anyone know a fix for this issue at all?? I am using OSX 10.4.11. Thanks to all and Freedom to the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default issue
    darn 7.6 I kind of knew it but wasn't in the mood of taking it off at one am.
    Last edited by nkgneto; 2008-02-17 at 04:39 PM. Reason: edit

As the new versions of Ziphone downgrade your bootloader to 3.9 - I assume its ok to use Ziphone with older iPhones now? (Ones that came with 1.0.0 - 1.0.2)?

I'm currently on the Devteams 1.1.3 - but having problems with my bluetooth car kit switching my iPhone off every time it disconnects. The advice I was given was to restore using Ziphone.

Do I simply plug my iPhone into iTunes 7.5 and do a restore - then follow the Ziphone instructions to activate, jailbreak and unlock?

Thanks in advance...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast