Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone - Unlock, Jailbreak, Activate your iPhone - NO DOWNGRADING REQUIRED!

Will this work with an 1.1.2 OTB iphone?
    Also I have one other iphone was 1.1.1 unlocked but upgraded to 1.1.2 by mistake...will this till work?

i had OTB 1.1.1 unlocked ipsf updated to 1.1.2. i followed instructions, it didnt work on ma so i did it on pc. the phone works but it sucks. no audio of ANY kind, music wont play and movies wont play AND the phone cant get detected in itunes, and i cant put it in DFU mode to downgrade. what should i do?

Default Best thing since --- sliced bread
    Wow. I don't usually post. Actually, this is my first post after months of lurking. I usually read about the latest techniques and use them to keep my iPhone free, because I believe it should be.

But as a fellow jailbreaker and a veteran of three firmware revisions, I have never seen anything as easy as what I just did with this software to jailbreak my phone in 1.1.3. This is after I spent all last weekend downgrading and upgrading back and forth between 1.1.1 and 1.1.3 to get the dev team's Installer thing to work, but it never did. I can actually do the *#307# phone dialing trick in the 1.1.1 jailbreak in my sleep now.

Just wow is about all I can say, thank you Zibri. And how come you didn't release this before last weekend, maybe I could have gone out and been sociable or something. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cbarkoff View Post
    Having the same problem
    try:

./ziphone instead of ziphone

my question is once i update my phone to version 1.1.3 with itunes can i use this program or i have to update and then restore it in order to use this program?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to oodatboioo For This Useful Post:

nangani (2008-04-04)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Default Post ZiPhone: YouTube not working
    Hey all,

I successfully (or so I thought) Jailbroke my iPhone using the ZiPhone maneuver. A couple of the 3rd party apps seem to not work (including two of my favorites -- Customize and Taskbar Notifier) which, from my forum searching, sounds like a known issue.

Those I can understand but I am concerned that YouTube is no longer working (since it's a native app, not a 3rd party hack). When I try to use YouTube I get "Cannot connect to YouTube"

Curious is everyone (or some people) are having this problem and if there's any fix...

I have an early iPhone, running Software Version 1.0.2 and firmware 03.14.08_G.

It's jailbroken and unlocked. Running on T-Mobile.

Can I use this to update my phone and keep it unlocked? Or should I do something else before hand?

I don't quite understand if this will upgrade my phone to the latest software version or not.

Thanks.

i also have the youtube problem(cannot connect).i only jailbroke the phone as i have the 1.1.2 otb and 4.6 bL and an iphone plan with at&t.i dont think i did this wrong but if i did can someone let me know.installer.app is there and works fine, its just youtube does not. there is a guy on zibri's blog close to the bottom that wrote he used the youtube fix in installer in combo with something else. hes not real clear about it and seeing as everyone is having this problem i would hope that a fix is being thrown together.you tube is one of the reasons why i bought the phone as its a really cool feature, hope the fix comes soon.

edit- a little further research and i found that the problem is with the youtube activation scripts, does anyone know if this is the case and if it is how do you fix youtube after ziphone jailbreak?
    Last edited by zer0117; 2008-02-13 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macguier View Post
    Wow. I don't usually post. Actually, this is my first post after months of lurking. I usually read about the latest techniques and use them to keep my iPhone free, because I believe it should be.

But as a fellow jailbreaker and a veteran of three firmware revisions, I have never seen anything as easy as what I just did with this software to jailbreak my phone in 1.1.3. This is after I spent all last weekend downgrading and upgrading back and forth between 1.1.1 and 1.1.3 to get the dev team's Installer thing to work, but it never did. I can actually do the *#307# phone dialing trick in the 1.1.1 jailbreak in my sleep now.

Just wow is about all I can say, thank you Zibri. And how come you didn't release this before last weekend, maybe I could have gone out and been sociable or something. :-)
    Thats funny...I would use exact the same words for my story,tried to get Dev teams 1.1.3 deal going for 2 days.... did not work.
    Found ziphone on here yesterday...well same as macguier,
    everything works now !!

Thanks,Thanks,Thanks....

i just jb my 1.1.3 usin Ziphone but now youtube doesnt work..it wont connect...

any one to help?

i just jb my 1.1.3 usin Ziphone but now youtube doesnt work..it wont connect...

any one to help?

If I have a jailbroken, unlocked 1.0.2, can I just revirginize, upgrade to 1.1.1, then upgrade to 1.1.2, and the just use ziphone to jailbreak and activate, and anysim1.3 to unlock?

Does anyone know if YouTube will be a "fix" for ZiPhone, or if you want YouTube, should you wait for an upgraded version of ZiPhone?

I don't want to give up my YouTube, but if it's gonna be "patched" with a tweak later, no big deal................ Otherwise, I will just wait for a new version!

Thanks Everyone!!!!

how long does the process take?

Its been like 15 minutes and saying "Searching for iphone" after putting the phone in restore mode and now i just see the apple logo... just wondering if its frozen or not =)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tankster dude im sorry to be the one to have to tell u this but....its frozen =(
    even if u unplug it and try restarting it, it will still stay at that apple logo =( =(
    but dont worry too much heres what u do:
    *take ur iphone off the plug
    *hold the home and power button until it turns off
    *hold the home button BUT NOT the power button and plug it back in
    *your screen will now show that its in recover mode
    *all u need to do is restore and try again

when you say restore mean restore to 1.1.3 then attempt again?

or re-run the ZI hack?

Also how long does it take, because i re-ran the zi and its been on "loading" for about 5 minutes...

thanks dude!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

by restore i mean once u get to that screen go to itunes and then restore
    also it shouldnt take that long so i think u have a bad version, to help solve this r u using mac or windows?

*restore to 1.1.3

*restore to 1.1.3
    Last edited by jctmyname; 2008-02-14 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok im restoring to 1.1.3 using itunes and im going to try again! thanx m8!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no prob but what sytem r u using? because i might know whats wrong if ur using windows

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast