Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A little advise please..

Default A little advise please..
    Hello People,

Right, where to start....

If i get anything wrong in the followong then i appologize as i get a little confused with all the techy terms

I had an original iphone and was using my vodafone sim in it and i used Ziphone to unlock it. I'm currently on 1.1.4 but have just got a new (legit) 3g iphone on 02 (im in the UK) What im trying to do is reset my old iphone back to factory settings but want to keep being able to a vodafone sim with it as im giving it to my girlfriend.

Im just a little confused on what the best way to so it is.

thanks

Neil

You need to download the original 1.1.4 here http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....2_Restore.ipsw Then put your phone in DFU and shift+click restore and select the firmware you downloaded. When iTunes asks you want to set it up as a new phone. Then use Ziphone to jailbreak and unlock it again.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Ok, Is there any easier way to do it? Do i have to jailbreak and unlock again?

All i really want to do is tidy it up a bit as i have summerboard/customize/installer on it.

Also, is there a theme on summerboard or customize of the original icons and wallpaper?

thanks
    Last edited by neil1979; 2008-08-08 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You don't have to jailbreak or unlock again but you won't be able to use it for Vodafone. What you can do is go to customize and select OriginalBackup to take it back to original VISUAL settings. If you are gonna give it to your gf then I would just restore and rejailbreak and unlock in my opinion.
    If I helped you please hit the THANKS button

Unless you want your GF seeing all the numbers you call and receive all your texts etc.,etc. then you need to restore. If that doesn't matter then just use customize and set to originalbackup and you'll be good.
    Dirty as I wanna be!