Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did Ziphone kill my iPhone? Can it be fixed?

Default Did Ziphone kill my iPhone? Can it be fixed?
    I got an iPhone (V1. Not 3G) and it was running FW 1.1.4. I used ziPhone on it and everything went fine. It got activated, jailbroken and I could use my AT&T 3G SIM card it it (Which was previously installe don my Treo 750).

I then made a mistake and upgraded to FW 2.0. and there was no service.

So I downgraded back to 1.1.4 but still no service. I tried all the reset options suggested in ziphone's help but nothing will fix it. WiFi works and so does BT. Everything apart from the phone service seems to work fine.

I tried iLiberty+ for 1.1.4 and while it is running I get an error message that the Bootloader is wrong (shows 3.9M3S2 which I understand is installed b ziphone) and Baseband 04.05.05-G (claiming it is wrong as well).

Is the phone bricked or is there a way to still save it?

Thanks

No, you killed your phone. When you upgraded to 2.0, your baseband (the thing that makes your phone work) was also upgraded. Simply downgrading again will not change the baseband, and Ziphone will be of no help. Look for the Guide on downgrading from 2.0 to 1.1.4
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

OK. Can you give me some more light here as to what exactly I'm looking for?

I fixed it!

What I did is use this: KiPhone to downgrade the baseband back to 04.03.13_G and now it works fine. Reading the downgrade instructions put me in the right direction as to where the problem was.

Thanks.