Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So why is everyone hatin on ZiPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default So why is everyone hatin on ZiPhone?
    I am reading all these negative posts about using Ziphone & I am really kinda baffled... I have used ZiPhone to unlock more iPhones then I can remember & no one has ever reported any problems to me. I think that the developers need to follow in ZiPhone's foot steps & make things a little easier for the people that don't have developer type knowledge, or know how to go through the elaborate task of unlocking & jailbreaking with all the file modding. Just a thought... Im sure these kind of people would also be very grateful in the form of donations for something along thos lines.
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva

Dont be hatin.....alot of people have experienced problems for some reason or another, Ziphone isnt as "clean" as a few other methods. Personally, I have used it though without problems.

Well, I always used ZiPhone, always had success no problem at all, I also like Zibri, I'm half Italian also and I really like this guy, BUT, I will always respect others opinions and sayings, I will never flame anyone since I really respect all the teams for the hard work they have done and they do on iPhon/iPod stage.

Thought: Why dont Zibri and Dev Team collaborate so we see a big and imba team?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vasilis2000 For This Useful Post:

toymaster954 (2008-08-02)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vasilis2000 View Post
    Thought: Why dont Zibri and Dev Team collaborate so we see a big and imba team?
    Uhh, they did. Until Zibri took/stole the code and released it himself.
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Uhh, they did. Until Zibri took/stole the code and released it himself.
    I think you're referencing Geohot... They dont like Zibri because of the attention that he was getting as being on the same level with them. The software worked countless of times for me and my entourage... No complaints, let the hate cease.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

I have never had a problem and re-set/unlock my phone loads of times. Just wish he would come up with the fix for the new software ver 2. Hopefully it won't be long then I can using the exchange in the email.

Regards John

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bretthartt View Post
    I think you're referencing Geohot... They dont like Zibri because of the attention that he was getting as being on the same level with them. The software worked countless of times for me and my entourage... No complaints, let the hate cease.
    No. I'm not. You're wrong.
    To live, you have to lie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-08-06)

Thanks

The one pass method that ZiPhone uses accolades everything on the ramdisk, which in some cases leads to memory corruption, more commonly known as grayed wifi. More, Zibris wifi fix hard codes the phones MAC address to say Zibri in ascii, after talking to him he says that not more then one phone should be used on the same network with messed up wifi, and will not be doing an actual fix, this is why we do not like Zibri or ZiPhone, bad software, bad fixes, and refuses to take responsibility.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

slade (2008-08-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    No. I'm not. You're wrong.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    The one pass method that ZiPhone uses accolades everything on the ramdisk, which in some cases leads to memory corruption, more commonly known as grayed wifi. More, Zibris wifi fix hard codes the phones MAC address to say Zibri in ascii, after talking to him he says that not more then one phone should be used on the same network with messed up wifi, and will not be doing an actual fix, this is why we do not like Zibri or ZiPhone, bad software, bad fixes, and refuses to take responsibility.
    Like he said...
    I too have had a couple of successes and 4 failures using ZiPhone. I say read up on it.

BUT, there are other options out there that are much better and just as easy as ZiPhone...
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-08-03 at 07:30 AM.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!