Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tried to upgrade... stuck in recovery mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tried to upgrade... stuck in recovery mode
    Early this morning I had a jailbroken (but locked) 1.1.4 iPhone. I decided I wanted to upgrade to 2.0, so I tried to refurbish it first and get it back to plain, ordinary 1.1.4 to avoid having any major issues trying to upgrade a jailbroken phone. The refurbish worked and told me to connect to iTunes to restore the firmware. So I did, and I selected my already-downloaded 1.1.4 firmware. About 5 minutes into the process of restoring the firmware, it gave me "unknown error: 1011". Now I'm stuck in recovery mode with no firmware installed.

I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing iTunes. I also tried rebooting my PC. I tried installing 1.1.4 firmware with iTunes 7.6 and also tried installing 1.1.4 and 2.0 with iTunes 7.7. All of the above give the same results. Any suggestions? (If I had the extra $$ I'd say forget it and just go buy a 3G...)

Thanks

Cause is the servers being hammered. your phone is fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The servers weren't hammered at 5:30 this morning when I tried it. Anyway, I already have the firmware versions downloaded to my computer.

hi,

when i hooked up my iphone to the computer i got a pop up about upgrading to 2.0 and without even thinking i clicked ok. Now my phone is stuck in recovery mode. My phone was unlocked...is there any way to fix this.

Mine is screwed too. It wont let me to anything, not recover 1.1.4 or 1.1.3? THis is ********.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2.0 - the Devil's work
    My unlocked 1.1.4 is also bricked as a result of trying to upgrade to the 2.0 firmware. Tried several times to restore and unlock with iTunes and iLiberty but no joy.

This is indeed ****!

All who are having this problem check out this thread:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ziphone...ml#post1459631

I think I might be able to help.... The key may be putting your phone in DFU mode with ziPHone or w/e you use.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyco22 For This Useful Post:

terlynn4 (2008-07-14)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A friend of mine also suggested DFU mode, and this worked for me. I put it in DFU mode using ZiPhone and then used iTunes to restore firmware 2.0 (didn't even bother with 1.1.4 since I wanted to upgrade anyway). It worked, and now my phone is fully functional and I didn't lose anything.

Let me start from the begining.

NB: Start with your Iphone diconnected from your comuter.

1) Hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds, the screen should seem to power off.
    2)Keep on holding it until a apple logo appears on the screen and the screen goes blank, again.
    3)Release both buttons
    4)Start holding the home button and plug it into your computer, keep holding.
    5)The activation thing should appear on the screen.
    6)Itunes would still not be able to recognize it, or it will again give you the server error.
    7)In ziphoneGUI use "Clear BL 2.9 Baseband" or in batch mode, use @ziphone -e
    8)Text scrolls, and it should be working again.
    9)Feel free to try to upgrade again.