Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with winpwn and ziphone

Default help with winpwn and ziphone
    Hey guys I have been a long time reader, I have been able to do all the jailbreaking by following the guides and reading the threads. Here is my story. I bought my phone on oct. 29 2007. the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number on my phone are less then 45 so i know the phone came with the old bootloader. Im pretty sure it came with version 1.1.1 but I dont remember because it was so long ago and i have jailbroken every version after that so I lost track. Currently i am on version 1.1.4 with baseband modem firmware 04.04.05_G and bootloader 3.9_M3S2. everything also works such as the locate me in maps etc. I am also an att customer. My problem is I do not remeber if i used ziphone to only jailbreak my phone or if did everything including unlock. Because I used the version of ziphone that was command line and im not sure if i typed -j or -a. I want to start fresh and restore and use winpwn to jailbreak again and get ready for 2.0 but I am afraid that since I used ziphone and all the talk about how it locks your phone on watever version of the bootloader or baseband that if I try to do something new I will run into problems. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

No worries... Just restore in iTunes and start over with winpwn.

Default Help with Winpwn 2.0
    I have a 1.1.4 jailbroken iPhone that I jailbroke with ZiPone2.5c. I am AT&T legit and want to upgrade to 2.0 and jailbreak only with WinPwn 2.0 so I can get the custom boot logos.
    My question - Do I need to check or uncheck the enble baseband update or any boxes underneath it in the Advanced tab?
    I know to uncheck activate phone and youtube fix but am not sure about the Baseband part.
    Thanks.