Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone users to 2.0 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ZiPhone users to 2.0 Firmware
    I'm going to upgrade my phone to 2.0 as soon as it comes out. My phone was jailbreaked with ZiPhone, and many people think it will screw up their phone when updated to 2.0. Anyone else joining me?

How will it screw it up, never in the history of Jailbreaking iPhones has a software update killed a jailbroken iPhone. What killed iPhones in the past where when they where UNLOCKED then updated and had corrupted basebands.

Thanks

i would just do a solid restore before you upgrade..Just proceed with caution though or wait less than a day (hopefully) for the dev team to crack it for us

Thanks

I doubt you will have much of a problem, If you are just jailbroken im 99.99% sure it will go fine. i was jailbroken with ziphone (now iliberty) so whoever updates message me or something to let me know how it goes
    Unlocked users should stay faaaaar away from 2.0 at this point, until it is unlocked.

Thanks

Alright i jumped ship first.
    Restoring the firmware now.

Works 100%.
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 2008-07-10 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

epic, take one for the team.

I gotta wait, I have an unlocked phone in canada

WoW + iPhone = Powned.

can you post screenshot of 2.0 with the unlock, network settings. I can't believe the unlock stuck...

wait....

someone confirm...

This isn't unlocked, this is just the update for users who legitly bought a iPhone from the US with AT&T.

I think Doeerfan fan has a legit one, so he tried out the 2.0

WoW + iPhone = Powned.

yeah he said he just used ziphone to jailbreak, not unlock...

I was on an iPhone 2G with 1.1.4, unlocked and jailbreaked with ZiPhone.

As soon as 2.0 was linked up I downloaded it and totally forgot my iPhone would need to be unlocked again! So of course, ZiPhone won't unlock or do anything with my phone.

Tried to downgrade using option restore back to 1.1.4 but iTunes gives me an error message.

Stuck now, so be warned if you are forgetful!

Quote Originally Posted by bapbap View Post
    I was on an iPhone 2G with 1.1.4, unlocked and jailbreaked with ZiPhone.

As soon as 2.0 was linked up I downloaded it and totally forgot my iPhone would need to be unlocked again! So of course, ZiPhone won't unlock or do anything with my phone.

Tried to downgrade using option restore back to 1.1.4 but iTunes gives me an error message.

Stuck now, so be warned if you are forgetful!
    lol! ouch! that's gotta hurt!
    so you're just waiting now? Or...

Default Dead
    bapbap, I'm in the same boat. I have a true brick now. I'll have to wait for the jailbreaking team to update unfortunately or buy a new iPhone 3G tomorrow.

I tried to downgrade back to 1.1.4 using the guide on this site but it didn't work for me, I kept getting error 1604 during the restore in DFU mode, so I'm stuck I guess until someone releases something!

I had bought Super Monkey Ball and totally forgot in my haste to upgrade! Oops!

get rid of iTunes 7.7 and go back to iTunes 7.6 and do your DFU restore to 1.1.4, you should get an error message then you can kick out of it with ZiPhone or iLiberty

Stop stressing.

Went back to 7.5 and did a DFU restore to 1.1.4, gets past Preparing your iPhone then I get error 1604!

Now it's stuck in recovery mode, I can put it in DFU fine but can't get any further.

I had done the ziphone 1.1.4 jailbreak when it first came out. I had to fix my mail and camera afterwards.

Today I upgraded to the 2.0 firmware and everything works EXCEPT my camera. It doesn't save pictures. I did a restore and then restored my pics/contacts. I'm going to try another restore but this time as a new phone and see if that fixes it. Otherwise I'll either wait to be able to jailbreak this one or just take it to the store and tell them its fubar lol

I found this to get back to 1.1.4, iPhone News & Review 2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade, but now it won't recognize my sim. This one is pretty bad.

So I gather its just better to wait for a JB\Unlock from Devs.
    If you can't do it on one wheel, try harder!

You know.. It's not that tough really. You have to just accept the fact that an upgrade to 2.0 will wipe your phone. No jailbreak, no installer, no contacts/call history/sms convos...

If you choose the "restore from backup" option, iTunes loads back in your /var/mobile/library directory from your 1.1.4 jailbroken firmware. That's where things start to screw up. iPhone 2.0 doesnt expect to see folders like "installer cache" or "swirly MMS" so it goes a little wacko.

Restoring to firmware 2.0 THE RIGHT WAY by choosing the "setup as new iPhone" option, will give you a new, clean, fully restored, firmware 2.0 iPhone.

If you aren't willing to re-enter all your contacts (or sync them from an address book), and spend some time setting up your options on 2.0, dont upgrade.

Simple right?!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MOSHO92 For This Useful Post:

davshirley (2008-07-11), IvanB (2008-07-15)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast