Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For Ziphone users without problems

Default For Ziphone users without problems
    Would you all recommend that I restore my ziphone jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone and use another method to jailbreak it? I have ATT and have had no problems yet, but it seems like a minefield.

If so, whats the best method. Would I still need to set up as new phone? Can I still save my contacts, etc?

Thanks

I continue to use my Ziphone jailbroken/unlocked phone from months ago, without any problems. I wouldn't restore and have to re-do my entire set up because of scare tactics.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I agree. Unless you start seeing instability issues just stick with what you have. If you REALLY want to start all over, DFU restore and re-jailbreak with iLiberty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I continue to use my Ziphone jailbroken/unlocked phone from months ago, without any problems. I wouldn't restore and have to re-do my entire set up because of scare tactics.
    It has nothing to do with scare tactics. They are facts.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If it is working for you leave it alone.

If you have problems try something different.

I have been using ziPhone for a long time now and have had zero problems with it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Used ZiPhone 3.0 to activate, unlock, jailbreak on 2 iPhone 16GB OTB 1.1.4, still no problem for the past 3 months (but keep a back-up in PC Suite), working okay with T-Mobile.

If the problem arise, will try iLiberty or something else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive been using ZiPhone since January (upgraded to 3.0)....no problems for me but I'll admit, I keep my fingers crossed all the time. I've had to restore twice but I think it's been from installing too many alpha/beta apps. Other than that, I restored in April last time and still running strong....just restore, set up as new phone. Back up your contacts in windows address book and you shouldn't have any problems. This is from MY experience. I've read horror stories from other forum members but its all been from the unlock process. I only jailbreak since Im with ATT. I'd keep a backup of your original firmware though.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

Thanks

Okay to answer your question i would recommend restoring to be safe and using iLiberty or Pwnage, if you don't want to, i don't give a damn. Please don't turn this thread into a ZiPhoen good/bad one. ZiPhone is bad, its proven and i won't repeat myself besides saying it kills Wi-Fi and Zibri is a liar and a thief and i will not support him by using his program.

i guess i trust the ones of you who have all the experience, i just dont know where all this comes from. i just want to use the most stable form of jailbreak, so maybe i will redo it with iliberty

yes, Use iLiberty or Pwnage Tool

I know exactly what you mean I got my first 8gb Ziphoned and had it how I wanted so had no desire to venture into the unknown and ruin my set up with a different break. So I got a 16gb off ebay and Pwned that and it runs fine, manually copied all my mail accounts and contacts / calendar by shh but it aint reccomended unless you know what you are doing as you need to chown then relative permissions on the folders after copying the data over. Currently I am trying to back to back compare the two by running one till the battery is dead and then switching the sim to the other and vice versa. Currently there is very little to report they both seem to work the same except I have the latest customize on the 16gb.

If you are going to be a Bear be a Grizzly and go for Pwnage, the custom boot logo always makes me smile and having a pre packed firmware with favourite apps is a big time saver. Just make sure you find a good guide for it and make sure Autolock is off!
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Okay to answer your question i would recommend restoring to be safe and using iLiberty or Pwnage, if you don't want to, i don't give a damn. Please don't turn this thread into a ZiPhoen good/bad one. ZiPhone is bad, its proven and i won't repeat myself besides saying it kills Wi-Fi and Zibri is a liar and a thief and i will not support him by using his program.
    humm my wifi works great. In fact I am on it now. Like I said I have been using it since it came out with out any problems. But I guess that is just me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I've never had any issues with Ziphone. I've used it on 4 iPhones and 2 iTouches. iLiberty has worked great for me as well. I've also used the Pawnage tool. Crashed on me once but everything still works.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Mee too. Must just be a select group of people, huh? WT*
    Thank me if I helped you out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pncntigger View Post
    I've never had any issues with Ziphone. I've used it on 4 iPhones and 2 iTouches. iLiberty has worked great for me as well. I've also used the Pawnage tool. Crashed on me once but everything still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by diggie2002 View Post
    Mee too. Must just be a select group of people, huh? WT*
    Enjoy it while it lasts. No one said anything about it crapping out straight away

iPhone? More like MyPhone rvlyssup's Avatar
    Thanks

Read up on it:

iPhone News & Review Blog Archive Why Avoid Ziphone?

And yes, I too have used ZiPhone successfully but not all the time. My wife is on her 3rd iPhone, this time all I did to it was JB. The 1st and 2nd ones had numerous problems but nothing drastic like grayed out wifi, no EDGE, or Bluetooth problems.

I still say research and read up on the different options available out there to JB, activate, unlock your iPhone.
    Last edited by rvlyssup; 2008-06-26 at 08:04 AM.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rvlyssup For This Useful Post:

tahazahoor@hotmail.com
    why is my post deleted ? ? ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coreym@cfl.rr.com View Post
    humm my wifi works great. In fact I am on it now. Like I said I have been using it since it came out with out any problems. But I guess that is just me.
    Okay, i have stated MANY times that just because you don't have problems, doesn't mean it isn't a problem. It has a MUCH HIGHER risk then other methods. That is why we don't recommend it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tahazahoor@hotmail.com View Post
    why is my post deleted ? ? ?
    Because there's no call to say someone is an idiot for using the software of their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Okay, i have stated MANY times that just because you don't have problems, doesn't mean it isn't a problem. It has a MUCH HIGHER risk then other methods. That is why we don't recommend it.
    There is a risk with every method, including iLiberty and Pwnage, just read the threads.

I would be interested to hear from people who Ziphoned their device and then ran into problems (that can be directly linked to Ziphone) weeks or months down the road.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-06-28 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast