Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For Ziphone users without problems

[email protected]
    Default ?
    well thnx for telling but i didnt call them idiot because of the softwaere they were using i called them idiot because they werent listening
    well im sorry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post

There is a risk with every method, including iLiberty and Pwnage, just read the threads.

I would be interested to hear from people who Ziphoned their device and then ran into problems (that can be directly linked to Ziphone) weeks or months down the road.
    I didn't say there wasn't, i said there is a MUCH higher risk with ZiPhone. And i didn't say there would be problems down the road, there could be for all we know though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Okay to answer your question i would recommend restoring to be safe and using iLiberty or Pwnage, if you don't want to, i don't give a damn. Please don't turn this thread into a ZiPhoen good/bad one. ZiPhone is bad, its proven and i won't repeat myself besides saying it kills Wi-Fi and Zibri is a liar and a thief and i will not support him by using his program.
    Wow I only ever had problems arise after jb with iliberty and winpwn (and pwnage). ZiPhone seems to work fine with most people, but some people who do not know what they are doing with blame it on whatever software they used (maybe it is their fault). I personally think it has to do with when your iphone was made. Mine was made on exactly July 1 of last year, and the only problems I have had is with the dev team's apps. IPSF and Ziphone have fixed the problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    Wow I only ever had problems arise after jb with iliberty and winpwn (and pwnage). ZiPhone seems to work fine with most people, but some people who do not know what they are doing with blame it on whatever software they used (maybe it is their fault). I personally think it has to do with when your iphone was made. Mine was made on exactly July 1 of last year, and the only problems I have had is with the dev team's apps. IPSF and Ziphone have fixed the problems.

How do you make a mistake pressing one button once? How do you not know what to do when there is only one button in front of you? lol. I thought that was the whole point of ZiPhone.

The technics of ZiPhone are bad, full stop.

The majority of people on this forum do not see or know how ZiPhone works. All most people do is:
    1. Sit down at their computer
    2. open ZiPhone
    3. Press "do it all"
    4. Don't look back.
    They assume that it's harmless, because they don't know any better.

Decades ago, people thought smoking was harmless because they didn't see its effects straight away, in some cases, some people didn't see its effect at all. Some people spend years smoking without getting smoking related illnesses. Does that mean that smoking is safe? No.

It's easier to make mistakes with WinPwn and iLiberty because they have more steps and require more knowledge, but that is a small price to pay; idiots weren't cut out for jailbreaking, and neither were those with impatience.
    You shouldn't ever cut corners when it comes to modding an iPhone.

Do your research, read the the facts, and then and only then, move forward.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-06-30 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    How do you make a mistake pressing one button once?
    Do your research, read the the facts, and then and only then, move forward.[/u][/b]
    Very interesting that on the one hand you don't hold people accountable for their actions by not reading the facts, but then at the end of your comments you pull a 180.

How do you make a mistake pressing one button once? Very simple, you don't read the directions. And that's not anyone's fault but the user. The directions, and the "Do it all" information window, both clearly state that your bootloader will be downgraded with that operation.

So whose fault is it really Dale1v?
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-07-01 at 02:40 PM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Very interesting that on the one hand you don't hold people accountable for their actions by not reading the facts, but then at the end of your comments you pull a 180.

How do you make a mistake pressing one button once? Very simple, you don't read the directions. And that's not anyone's fault but the user. The directions, and the "Do it all" information window, both clearly state that your bootloader will be downgraded with that operation.

So whose fault is it really Dale1v?
    Well as far as I'm aware there is very little preparation needed before ZiPhone and there is very little room for mistakes.

And I did hold people accountable for not looking up the facts, because I stated:
    The majority of people on this forum do not see or know how ZiPhone works. All most people do is:
    1. Sit down at their computer
    2. open ZiPhone
    3. Press "do it all"
    4. Don't look back.
    They assume that it's harmless, because they don't know any better.
    ^ That is not responsible behaviour to mod an iPhone in any way whatsoever, and many here are guilty of it.

I don't care about bootloader, to be quite honest. That carries very little effect, and can be fixed, however ZiPhone does not state the substantial risk of memory corruption by using its 1 pass method and that is a failure on Zibris part.

My last statement was to imply to forum readers here that they should research before they start jailbreaking. So no, it's not really a 180.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-07-01 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks

I was actually referring to the statement:

How do you make a mistake pressing one button once? How do you not know what to do when there is only one button in front of you?
    Which implies to me at least, that users shouldn't need to be aware of any facts before pressing that one button (although there are several).

I don't care about bootloader, to be quite honest. That carries very little effect, and can be fixed, however ZiPhone does not state the substantial risk of memory corruption by using its 1 pass method and that is a failure on Zibris part.
    And because I admittedly haven't used them, do iLiberty and Pwnage carry these same warnings? As their random failures can attest to by the threads we see?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12