Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ziphone and winscp help

Default ziphone and winscp help
    i used ziphone 3.0 to activate, jailbreak and unlock my iphone which came with 1.1.4 firmware. i started downloading apps and i also used winscp a couple of times to try some PDF viewers; but now I can't access my iphone through winscp or putty: it says "error listing directory '/var/root'". Have i somehow screwed with the files? should i restore or refurbish the iphone?

Yeah it seems like you did screw with the directories. If I were you I would save the future troubles by just restoring and jailbreaking again. I did that before and all I did was get a headache of problems and ended up just restoring it. In the future just be careful what you move or delete in WinSCP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferdulinus View Post
    i used ziphone 3.0 to activate, jailbreak and unlock my iphone which came with 1.1.4 firmware. i started downloading apps and i also used winscp a couple of times to try some PDF viewers; but now I can't access my iphone through winscp or putty: it says "error listing directory '/var/root'". Have i somehow screwed with the files? should i restore or refurbish the iphone?
    refurbish? Not sure how you would do that...I suggest you should just restore and jailbreak again.
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!