Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cannot do recovery or dfu mode

Default cannot do recovery or dfu mode
    Hi i used ziphone 3.0 and got the bsd root error. i read on the forums that you can fix that np. the problem that i am having is that even if my iphone is in recovery mode itunes(logo with usb cable) its still not detected by itunes or windows. i tried many times and i even tried dfu mode but i am not sure if i do it right since its suppose to have no image on screen, but even that to didnt work.

please let me know if the iphone became defective now or there is a way for sure to fix. any suggestions.

thanks
    Last edited by davidleski; 2008-06-11 at 12:54 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Your first problem is that you used ziphone. If only you had read the many posts that say to not use ziphone. Your second problem is that your typing skills are below average....

Power off the phone completely. Close iTunes. Then, hold down the home button while plugging the phone onto the base. Once you see the screen with the itunes and white cord, let go of the home button. iTunes should recognized it and launch itself stating that is has detected the phone in restore mode, blah blah blah.

If you search the forums you will find the answer to any question you have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to freakoftheindustry For This Useful Post:

slickuser (2008-07-02)

Default thks
    sorry for my english. the iphone didn't get recongised using your method either is there any way to get out of this loop without using a pc or mac. people say than to try dfu mode. but how do you know if you are in dfu mode if there is snot supposed to be any image on the iphone when in dfu mode.

thks

Quote Originally Posted by davidleski View Post
    sorry for my english. the iphone didn't get recongised using your method either is there any way to get out of this loop without using a pc or mac. people say than to try dfu mode. but how do you know if you are in dfu mode if there is snot supposed to be any image on the iphone when in dfu mode.

thks
    Try this:
    1. To get into DFU Mode. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding both buttons down)
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware.

Restore to 1.1.4 and jailbreak with iliberty+

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

boyscout (2008-07-18)