Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked, 1.1.4, Ziphoned ready for Summerboard and custom icons but HOW???

Default Unlocked, 1.1.4, Ziphoned ready for Summerboard and custom icons but HOW???
    I tried using iBrickr and it only locks and crashes my 1.1.4. I've had to restore completely twice and twice Ziphone "DO It ALL" it. I now have a solid baseline nlocked, Ziphoned iphone. I want to install custom icons, run my own wallpaper behind the dock and icons. How do I do it? What am I doing wrong? Tutorials all seem to say run iphone browser but that only shows Apple native folders and no subs. The I'm told I need to run iBrick fix first...and that locks up my 1.1.4 completely. Any tips?????????at all????

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

download customize and summerboard . Also Restore with itunes and setup as new phone than re jail break with a pwn tool. winpwn for pc pwnage for mac. than start from beggining of this post
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by redman9 View Post
    I tried using iBrickr and it only locks and crashes my 1.1.4. I've had to restore completely twice and twice Ziphone "DO It ALL" it. I now have a solid baseline nlocked, Ziphoned iphone. I want to install custom icons, run my own wallpaper behind the dock and icons. How do I do it? What am I doing wrong? Tutorials all seem to say run iphone browser but that only shows Apple native folders and no subs. The I'm told I need to run iBrick fix first...and that locks up my 1.1.4 completely. Any tips?????????at all????
    I was right where you were last week. All these cool tools and no idea how to use them. Here's what worked for me.
    **I'm on 1.1.4/ziphone**
    Ditch iphone browser, WinSCP is better for noobs like us. Google search for instructions on logging in and using WinSCP, it's pretty simple once you get going. Use installer (ziphone should have put that on your phone automatically) to install Summerboard. Then once you download your themes, you're gonna use WinSCP to copy them into the correct folders.

Themes go in : var/mobile/summerboard/themes
    (Back up your originals! After they are copied in, they will appear on the "SMBPrefs" button for changing)

Icons go in : Applications/"application".app
    -->"application" is whatever app Icon you want to change. Example, for changing Calculator icon it would be- Application/Calculator.app
    Then just make sure your new icon is named - icon.jpg

**Please remember I am new myself, i'm just trying to help. Let me know if any of this is confusing, I would be happy to help! Email me is necessary.
    [email protected]**

<><><><>I'm still looking for someone to tell me where boot logos go!! I was told System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app, but I can't find anything titled boot logo in there...<><><><>