Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I killed my iPhone.

Default I killed my iPhone.
    I used iLiberty+ to unlock/jailbreak/activate my iPhone. Then i tried to use ZiPhone to get Installer (don't ask me why). Now my phone is stuck in a black text screen with :/ root#. I tried holding the top button and home button, then releasing the top button and putting the phone in the cradle. It scrolls some text then goes back to the same screen. I now have a completely useless phone. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

Try leaving it in the cradle and holding the power and home buttons down. As soon as Windows (if that's your OS) makes the USB disconnect sound, let go of the power button and keep holding the home button. If it works right, Windows will make a USB connect sound in a few seconds and you can release the home button. Should be in DFU mode, ready for a Restore.

BTW, I have done the exact same thing, iLiberty to unlock/jailbreak and ZiPhone for Installer (when iLiberty first was released) and it worked just fine for me.
    Last edited by Kruejl; 2008-05-28 at 06:27 AM.
    Apples taste good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

brianb21 (2008-05-29)

/\

waht he said i had the same issue

just put it in the cradle home and off button adn when it detects make sure u got ziphone ready to press dfu mode

and restore

Hi all...noob here. Just crashed my new Iphone too. I DLd the latest Iphone Kit from here and was trying to use iBrickr when something went wrong. Surely my fault but now what? I had FW 1.1.4 Phone went to repeated scrolling and logo repeats and iBrickr won't recognize phone. Did the two button thingy and at least now Itunes recognizes it but wants to restore and upgrade. Should I? BTW, I am on Tmobile so it' WAS unlocked.......help? Will letting Itunes do it's upgrade lock my phone and ruin my week?

Quote Originally Posted by redman9 View Post
    Hi all...noob here. Just crashed my new Iphone too. I DLd the latest Iphone Kit from here and was trying to use iBrickr when something went wrong. Surely my fault but now what? I had FW 1.1.4 Phone went to repeated scrolling and logo repeats and iBrickr won't recognize phone. Did the two button thingy and at least now Itunes recognizes it but wants to restore and upgrade. Should I? BTW, I am on Tmobile so it' WAS unlocked.......help? Will letting Itunes do it's upgrade lock my phone and ruin my week?
    You need to let itunes restore to 1.1.4. If you have a mac, use pwnage tool 1.1, if you are on windows, use iliberty+ to rejailbreak.

Thanks for the reply. I had itunes do it's whole thing and restore to 114. Then I used Ziphone 3.0 and hit "Do it all". Now I want to use iphone browser but when I open it there are only the original folders there and none of the subs that I need to make mods, install icons etc. I've heard that I need to run ibrickr .91 first but that only crashes my phone completely....I've gone thru all this twice [email protected]#$%^&. At this point I'm back at a baseline phone with Ziphone "Did it all". What can I use to install Summerboard and custom skins and icons now?
    Thanks again....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I killed my iPhone
    May it Rest In Peace

why not just use iliberty to add installer???

~~on topic~~
    I am with these guys, get it into dfu mode then start over again.