Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone 3.0 - good or not?

Default ZiPhone 3.0 - good or not?
    I was a bit skeptical about upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4, didn't like the idea that should something would go wrong, it would 'brick' my iphone (never upgraded, jailbreak, hacked etc. iphone before). Then after having watched this tutorial: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-z3R9SwVc4"]YouTube - ZiPhone 3.0 : a walkthrough on iPhone upgrade to 1.1.4[/ame] and did some background research, the process didn't seem so bad using this ziphone software (it looked like the simplest method).

I was expecting a smooth installation (which it was) and no problems. However...

I found two problems in particular. iphone browser and iphone list did not recognize the iphone as jailbroken, and in effort to resolve this problem using the fix found in the i.unlock.no source, i found that the installer could not recognize this source even after multiple refreshes. I tried adding other sources too which had the same problem like ipod touch fans and freemyiphone, but still, it remains an "Untitled Source".

So anyone have any suggestions, or would like to add their feedback after their installation?
    Last edited by peter123; 2008-05-07 at 07:32 AM. Reason: incorrect information

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

used it to unlock, do it all....on 4 phones already ....no hiccups whatsoever...one click, that's all it takes.....very happy with Ziphone 3.0.

my friend came over from Switzerland over the weekend..he got the 16G version..i popped it in Ziphone...1 minute later..popped in his SwissComm sim card...worked like a charm.

I wouldnt worried...you'll be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'd just like to mention that i have already used ziphone and am on the 1.1.4 firmware, this is when i noticed the problems.

I used it also several times on different phone's and it worked everytime with no problems. It is ok if it says untitled source, just go into unlocking tools or was it utilities and there you find ziphone ibrickr fix. Or just scroll all the way down in all packages and install it. It will be fixed.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

peter123 (2008-05-07)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Iv never had a problem done it on a few phones..... Good program and easy to use.

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peter123 View Post
    I was a bit skeptical about upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4, didn't like the idea that should something would go wrong, it would 'brick' my iphone (never upgraded, jailbreak, hacked etc. iphone before). Then after having watched this tutorial: YouTube - ZiPhone 3.0 : a walkthrough on iPhone upgrade to 1.1.4 and did some background research, the process didn't seem so bad using this ziphone software (it looked like the simplest method).

I was expecting a smooth installation (which it was) and no problems. However...

I found two problems in particular. iphone browser and iphone list did not recognize the iphone as jailbroken, and in effort to resolve this problem using the fix found in the i.unlock.no source, i found that the installer could not recognize this source even after multiple refreshes. I tried adding other sources too which had the same problem like ipod touch fans and freemyiphone, but still, it remains an "Untitled Source".

So anyone have any suggestions, or would like to add their feedback after their installation?
    i see what's youre asking now. Well, it could be the host. They have to categorize the source. Ziphone nor Installer is the problem. Are you getting the apps on the new added sources? if not, the url repo could be wrong.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

peter123 (2008-05-07)

Yeah it could be likely that the repositories are just unavailable at the time, ill check it out later. I tried the zodttd source and that was recognized, so it must be just a major coincidence that atleast 3 other sources i tried are down at the same time.

Other than that, i don't doubt that ZiPhone is a good software. It was sweet to use, simple and quick. Maybe zibri will resolve the issue with the jailbreak not being recognized in the next release.

Thanks all.