Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Something happened during ziphone process

Default Something happened during ziphone process
    ziphone unlock failed and itunes said ''apple iphone in recovery mode please restore first'' and then it disconnected by itself and now i can't restore my iphone because itunes can't detect it
    Last edited by ilovehellokitty; 2008-05-08 at 01:03 AM.

Use ziphone to put it in dfo mode, or do it yourself by plugging it in while itunes is running and press and hold the home button and power key at the same time about 15 seconds, that should itunes recognize your phone and ask for recovery.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

dfu mode is what you need. restore, then re unlock

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

How to enter DFU Recovery Mode: Boot the phone... then hold home+power until the screen turns BLACK. Continue to hold the home button and release the power button. Plug into iTunes and within 15 seconds or so it should be recognized.... Hit RESTORE.

Um... holding hte power and home button thing is Recovery mode, not DFU i believe.

Thanks

Nope, manual DFU mode done this way leaves you with a black screen, always has since 1.1.1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    Um... holding hte power and home button thing is Recovery mode, not DFU i believe.
    Don't question me... I am the DFU MASTER!! I'm just playin... i've experimented with my phone so much over the past year I've put it into DFU hundreds of times it seems like...

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Don't question me... I am the DFU MASTER!! I'm just playin... i've experimented with my phone so much over the past year I've put it into DFU hundreds of times it seems like...
    Ah okay... I gets it now.

well ilovehellokitty, did it work for you ?