Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Used Ziphone 2.5 & 3.0 camera works rarely!!!!Help!!

Default Used Ziphone 2.5 & 3.0 camera works rarely!!!!Help!!
    I have a brand new 16gb iphone. Out of the box I used ziphone 2.5 to jailbreak activate and install, only to have the camera begin working sporadically. when I mean sporadicaly I will press the camera icon, and 80% of the time a black screen will appear. Other times I will press the camera icon 10 times in a row and the camera will work every single time. The camera can work I just want it to every time I press it work.

A colleague of mine who bought the iphone with me together has had zero problems.

I even erased baseband and restored it with ziphone back to 4.5

I have restored and recracked over 20 times much to no avail, I even did this using the 3.0 of Ziphone, and nothing has worked to solve my camera problem.

I work in China and am desperately seeking a solution to this problem.

I have reset many times the settings and erased the iphone several times all with no success.

Is there anyone who can offer a suggestion besides pitching it in the garbage!

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Does the camera work BEFORE you jailbreak? Use Ziphone just to activate... If it does then try a different method like iLiberty or pwnage. If it doesn't work before jailbreak then return for warranty.

Default no Dice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Does the camera work BEFORE you jailbreak? Use Ziphone just to activate... If it does then try a different method like iLiberty or pwnage. If it doesn't work before jailbreak then return for warranty.

thanks for your suggestion, its weird because on friday the camera worked 100% then when the phone goes to sleep it didnt work at all.

My friend thinks its hardware. So I heard you can make the phone revert to a state where apple will know that it wasnt cracked can you tell me how to do that? Cheers

JJ