Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 + Ziphone problem

Default 1.1.3 + Ziphone problem
    I had a jailbroken 1.1.2 and upgraded to 1.1.3 and used the ziphone application to jailbreak it. But now everything is unstable when i install any app from installer. It freezes and shows the loading sign and keeps vibrating. Anybody know why this is happening? the only for me to get out of the freeze is to use ziphone again, other than that, turning it off and on won't work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nowadays jailbreaking method is easy and fast. All I can suggest is......

1. Download 1.1.3 firmware (an ispw file)......
    2. Download older version of an Ziphone (if you're using an iphone, 2.6b is OK...3.0 is for ipod touch)
    3. Connect iPhone, let iTunes sync...
    4. Go into DFU mode (Press home and sleep buttom until you see iPhone disappears from iTunes, release sleep button immediately while still holding home button till iTunes says your iPhone is in recovery mode)
    5. Press shift+restore, look for the 1.1.3 firmware ispw file and open...
    6. Wait for iTunes to restore your iphone to 1.1.3...
    7. Then your iPhone will reboot, iTunes will probably tell you that. IF iTunes happen to prompt an error coded 1015. Don't worry you're OK... Use iBrickr to reboot your phone. And your phone will reboot like normal just like error 1015 didn't exist.
    8. Disconnect yout iphone, switch the iphone off.
    9. Wait for 5 seconds, press home button and hold, while connecting to computer and remain holding the home button until iTunes says you're in recovery mode again.
    10. Use Ziphone (REFER STEP 2) do it all I and I think you're set!

Hopefull this works out tell me the result...

do i really need 2.6b? i can' t find the download for it. i just used 3.0.

i download the ipsw file from modmyi, but how do you use it? Do you change restore.plist to restore.ipsw?

Restore to 1.1.4 with iTunes. If you are unsure if you have the correct ipsw file, go to http://iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files
    and get the 1.1.4 file.

Then use iLiberty+ to activate, jailbreak, unlock etc.
    However when selecting to unlock, do not choose Downgrade bootload from 4.6 to 3.9fb. However keep the main unlock button ticked.