Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GameCenter Icon [How To Mod - Help]

Exclamation GameCenter Icon [How To Mod - Help]
    I'm trying to figure out how to mod the GameCenter icon in Winterboard (Summerboard Mode OFF).

I've created two different folders and neither of them work:

[email protected]
    my.theme/Folders/Game [email protected]

Anyone have any insight into how to theme this icon?

Update: I cleared the icon cache but that didn't do anything... at first. I've since resprung a bunch of times and now those icons are miraculously changed! I'm not sure why some resprings do nothing and others actually work. If there was a consistent pattern I would have figured it out. If anyone has any insight please leave a post!
    Last edited by Jahooba; 2010-11-04 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added update

Make a folder named Icons and put it into your theme's folder. Then take the icon you wish to use and name it "Game Center" without quotations.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm working in SummerBoard OFF mode, where I make a folder for every program.

I actually did get it to work, I just don't know how

I'm having some trouble with some of my Cydia apps, as well. Like my Categories app - that icon won't change either.

30 seconds-later-update: a reboot fixed that icon. Interesting. It seems like wiping the cache doesn't do anything if you just respring, but the cache is regenerated once you reboot. Awesome, one less thing I have to ponder over.