Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apple symbol "" on springboard string

Default apple symbol "" on springboard string
    is there any possible way that you could put the apple "" symbol on a springboard string?
    i was trying to mod my springboard string that would say "TAP  TO CANCEL", so what i did was edit the string that says "SYNC_IN_PROGRESS" = "Syncing.. Slide To Cancel" ; to "SYNC_IN_PROGRESS" = "SYNCING.. TAP  CANCEL" ; and then i put the string back to the respective folder where it should be.. i used iphone explorer by doing this.. then i try to see if it will work on my phone but no luck.. it just messed up the theme.. i wonder if the iphone (3gs on 4.1) doesnt recognize that symbol or it needs a plist file sort of thing??

P.S. im using winterboard and im not overwriting the original files.. and im not really pro on theming..

THANKS IN ADVANCE..

you should not be seeing those, and yes I think it may be possible. we know iphone has the apple symbol in iphone, so whatever you are editing with ie. wordpad, would probably need the apple symbol font, that would be my guess.
    change springboard.strings to springboard.txt save then open. or just rename. then edit.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter