Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make iPod touch 4g retina images

Default How to make iPod touch 4g retina images PLZ Help!
    How do you make ipod touch 4g retina carrier logos? Do you have to make the resolution higher in photoshop to get the idea resolution? Thanks in advanced...
    Last edited by tegezee; 2010-10-12 at 03:53 AM.

I'm not sure about the carrier logos specifically, but I make all my resources exactly double in pixels and dpi.

So if the image is 60x60/ 72dpi, I make the new image 120x120/ 144dpi.

The images turn out crisp and clear.

However, I re-render all my images, so I'm adding additional information. If you were to increase the size of previous-gen resources (in Photoshop go to image/image size/144dpi -- this automatically doubles the resolution) you'll see that the results are blocky and a bit ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm not sure about the carrier logos specifically, but I make all my resources exactly double in pixels and dpi.

So if the image is 60x60/ 72dpi, I make the new image 120x120/ 144dpi.

The images turn out crisp and clear.

However, I re-render all my images, so I'm adding additional information. If you were to increase the size of previous-gen resources (in Photoshop go to image/image size/144dpi -- this automatically doubles the resolution) you'll see that the results are blocky and a bit ugly.

hey i have been working on doing this to my current theme, but when I open the images I made to 144dpi they are larger in size but say 72 dpi does this mean they are not saving as the higher dpi (using photoshop save as for web PNG-24)