Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard changing icon label font?

Default Winterboard changing icon label font?
    So I have had a custom font installed on my iPhone for a while now but have always had no icon labels on. I recently turned that off and noticed the icon labels are a different font from the system font, and there are a few other places that the system font doesn't carry over too, like my contacts. I started disabling mobile substrate addons to see if one was conflicting. When I disabled Winterboard the font went to how it should look. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

With Winterboard enabled

With Winterboard disabled

Info.plist
    It's in your theme that's currently turned on, simply ssh it to your computer the directory is
    var/stash/themes.xxx/"Your Theme"/info.plist

Look for docked icon labels and undocked icon labels or something like that

Please thank me on site

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Info.plist
    It's in your theme that's currently turned on, simply ssh it to your computer the directory is
    var/stash/themes.xxx/"Your Theme"/info.plist

Look for docked icon labels and undocked icon labels or something like that

Please thank me on site
    Hmm I found those lines and deleted them but it's still showing the incorrect font

Quote Originally Posted by ImTate View Post
    Hmm I found those lines and deleted them but it's still showing the incorrect font
    EDIT- if you want it correct delete the whole info.plist

if you want to keep something inside of it the same then realize u didn't delete the right line

EDIT-
    if you rename info.plist to something else then respring, the problem is solved correct? If so then it's the info.plist for sure if no then possible it's a bundles or folder change, very unlikely, but in any case rename it to bundles1 or folder1 to make it not apart of the theme and restring, I'm 98% certain it's in the info.plist folder

Please thank me if I have helped

EDIT- if you want it correct delete the whole info.plist

if you want to keep something inside of it the same then realize u didn't delete the right line

EDIT-
    if you rename info.plist to something else then respring, the problem is solved correct? If so then it's the info.plist for sure if no then possible it's a bundles or folder change, very unlikely, but in any case rename it to bundles1 or folder1 to make it not apart of the theme and restring, I'm 98% certain it's in the info.plist folder

Please thank me if I have helped
    Deleted the whole info.plist and the font is still wrong

Edit: Tried renaming each folder (bundles and folders) and that didn't change the font either

Edit2: Pretty sure one of my themes isn't the problem, turning all the themes off in Winterboard still doesn't fix the font
    Last edited by ImTate; 2010-10-08 at 12:14 AM.

bump

Well that's wierd, you said the problem stoped in mobile substrate when you turned winterboard off

Make sure its ON in mobile substrate during this whole process Try ssh to var/stash/themes.xxxxx and rename it with a 1 on the end so you can change it bam if need be then respring
    If that solved it then its in your themes folder, uninstall , it shouldn't delete your ssh themes because you renamed the folder that contains them, then reboot, then reinstall winterboard, test it, if your good then move your folders over and delete the old theme.xxx1

If this worked please thank me if not let us know so we can help further

bump

Well that's wierd, you said the problem stoped in mobile substrate when you turned winterboard off

Make sure its ON in mobile substrate during this whole process Try ssh to var/stash/themes.xxxxx and rename it with a 1 on the end so you can change it bam if need be then respring
    If that solved it then its in your themes folder, uninstall , it shouldn't delete your ssh themes because you renamed the folder that contains them, then reboot, then reinstall winterboard, test it, if your good then move your folders over and delete the old theme.xxx1

If this worked please thank me if not let us know so we can help further

Man I bet you're getting annoyed with this haha.. renaming the themes folder didn't work either

That doesn't make any since
    Well you stumped me

Do you have all the current updates installed from cydia under changes? If no try that?
    Did u uninstall it and respring?
    Is the problem there?
    If no try reinstalling winterboard

What iPhone is it? What firmware?

I've tried reinstalling and everything. I just don't understand how this is happening. I have an iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

Since no one else is replying I would post it as a new post, name the post as "info.plist problems

And try to restate everything we have talked about like mobile substrate and stuff

Idk how to fix the problem but I would like to know the answer

I sort of fixed it! I added small caps code and a shadow code to the info.plist and it basically looks the same as the right font. Thanks for all your help btw.

Can I ask how you did it? The sole reason I don't have winterboard installed is because I don't like how it changes the " font". How would I edit info.plist and what are the codes

Quote Originally Posted by WhoSucks View Post
    Can I ask how you did it? The sole reason I don't have winterboard installed is because I don't like how it changes the " font". How would I edit info.plist and what are the codes
    Well really only Sauricks(Preloaded font) theme changes font and that's only if you have it turned on, the only other way to change it is from a font package in cydia

The file that your asking is about is var/stash/themes/THEME NAME/info.plist
    This file can change fonts, font colors/size for icons on home screen even transparent is a font color and the font for the calendar app on the home screen

Sauricks theme implements a change that basically says every time this font is present make it this font instead

I have NEVER found any other theme that changes the fonts with the exception of the calendar mods

well u said that u have a custom font installed correct?
    in that case it may be replacing the original file in the fonts folder.....
    this is done by going to the directory
    /System/Library/Fonts/Cache
    if the Helvetica font was replaced than u need to put back the old one

nah im good, plus i dont have any kittens and how is October old??

Lol idk at the time it look over a month old not 5 days lol

Anyone ever find a solution to this problem