Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier logo reverts back

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you dont go have to go through winterboard, you SSH into that folder and copy the images there.

but i want to use winterboard bro,

And when i replace images, it doesnt work correctly

Like A Boss

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i think you need to make a springboard.strings file that specifies that directory above. you can copy that from another theme and edit it. (i think).

i think that status bar in cydia is theme/bundles/com.apple.springboard/Default_BG

i supposed the retina version would be bigger and have the @2x...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    but i want to use winterboard bro,

And when i replace images, it doesnt work correctly
    I created my own custom theme with different icons on the statusbar, such as carrier, wifi, battery, etc.
    To answer your question, create a winterboard theme (if you don't already have one) and make a folder called \LibraryThemes\YourThemeGoesHere.theme\Bundles\com .apple.ATT_US.
    Into the last folder, copy your preferred carrier logo files, and make sure they're named Default_CARRIER_ATT.png, [email protected], FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png, and [email protected].
    Respring, and that should do it!
    No need to change the springboard.strings file.
    ~Cachehog~

Quote Originally Posted by cachehog View Post
    I created my own custom theme with different icons on the statusbar, such as carrier, wifi, battery, etc.
    To answer your question, create a winterboard theme (if you don't already have one) and make a folder called LibraryThemesYourThemeGoesHere.themeBundlescom.app le.ATT_US.
    Into the last folder, copy your preferred carrier logo files, and make sure they're named Default_CARRIER_ATT.png, [email protected], FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png, and [email protected].
    Respring, and that should do it!
    No need to change the springboard.strings file.
    ~Cachehog~
    This only works with AT&T as you are over writing a file, where as with O2-UK you are creating a file with the @2x extension as there is no hi res icon yet.

Like A Boss

I'm not sure about the carrier logo, but as of now I don't think we can change the status bar icons on 4.1.

The files in question are in [email protected]~iphone.artwork file.

I don't think WinterBoard can currently work with decoding ".artwork" files. If any of you find a way I hope you post back here help us

update: just found this thread and it answers all my questions!: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...undles-ui.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Running 4.1 now on an iPhone 4, with AT&T. On the statusbar I have custom signal bars, custom carrier, custom wifi, custom battery, custom alarm clock icon, custom battery icon. All using Winterboard.
    In a custom theme folder, put your icon files in the UIImages folder.
    For example, for signal bars, Black_0_Bars.png, Black_0_bars.png, etc., and Silver_0_Bars.png, Silver_1_Bars.png, etc.
    Same for wifi: Black_0_WifiBars.png, Black_1_WifiBars, etc., and Silver_0_WifiBars.png, Silver_1_WifiBars.png, etc.
    Use the same method for Alarm, Battery, etc.
    As I said in a previous post, the Carrier stuff goes in the custom themes folderBundles/com.apple.ATT_US, and the files are
    Default_CARRIER_ATT (or whatever your carrier is).png, FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png, [email protected], and [email protected].
    It DOES work. No need to change the .artwork files at all.
    ~Cachehog~

I did this but must have swapped the wrong .png files. Now my 3G is disabled. I was a being real pro about it a never bothered to save the files I replaced...yay...

So anyway, the files I'm missing are FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and Default_CARRIER.png. They are both carrier files for TELUS in canada.

I took them from:

root/system/library/carrier bundles/telus_ca.bundle

and

root/system/library/carrier bundles/unknown.bundle

If anyone has these files, I would be extremely grateful if you would email them to me at [email protected]

again, I need the FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png and Default_CARRIER.png files from a iphone 4 iOS 4.1 running a canadian TELUS carrier.

Btw, will updating to 4.2.1 and restoring the iPhone get those files back? I backed the phone up just yesterday so I have no problem doing that. I'd rather have 3G than jailbreak right now...

I restored the phone so no need anymore. Thanks anyway.

Thanks

it's just a bug, mine does the same. It only does it in Cydia and a few other apps (ones that change the status bar). Nothing really big to worry about. maybe try modding the pictures around and see if it'll work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12