Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cannot choose winterboard options

Default cannot choose winterboard options
    I recently jailbroke my 3gs (ios4.0) using the website jailbreakme. i downloaded winterboard, and a complete theme (icomplete 3). under the description it said it came with many different options for the battery icon, status bar, keyboard, etc. however, no matter where i look under settings, i can't find how to change these small options within the theme.
    when i first jailbroke the phone, i only received Cydia, and not Installer. is the Installer another repository? or could this be linked to my problem?

i hope this is clear, and i appreciate any ideas!

Thanks

Do you have a WinterBoard icon? If so, open it and check off what you want and the phone should respring. If you chose to hide the WB icon, it's under your settings. As a rule of thumb, in WB, toggle on Summerboard.

Cydia is installer basically. Installer is an old application from earlier firmwares that's no longer around.

i think my issue is that i don't have sbsettings. i'm nervous to download it because it has a warning above it saying that updating to 4.0.2/3.2.2 or the update will break your jailbreak. does this apply to me?

nothing you download from Cydia will break your jailbreak. It's just warning you in Cydia not to upgrade to the new OS.