Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard is changing default icon font (UndockedIconLabelsStyle)

Default Winterboard is changing default icon font (UndockedIconLabelsStyle)
    I have been googling for the last 2 days, but I can't find answer for this one.

I want to have Winterboard installed. It is a powerful tool. But I don't want to change anything on the Springboard for now, I only want to change lock screen theme and SBSettings theme. Here comes my problem: when I install Winterboard it changes the default icon font. This image below show it:

1. The first image is a screen shot without Winterboard
    2. The second is a shot with Winterboard. The font is unreadable.
    3. The last image, on the right, has the Winterboard installed with "White Icon Labels" theme selected.

The third option does look better, but depending the image I chose it will not be readable. That's why apple come up with that font option. It is readable with any background (or most of them).

Saurik points out for the solution on his web site (iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)), under SpringBoard Text Styles ( ate the bottom of the page) and he points: "you can set the key UndockedIconLabels to true". However, this is all he says. Finally my question is:

Where do I change that, which file and in which folder?

Or, If I create a theme, similar to "White Icon Label" (or the sample below), is there a way to edit to replicate the default style from the first shot screen?

<key>FontName-Helvetica</key>
    <string>Courier New</string>

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-family: monospace; font-size: 13px; color: white</string>

OR any other way, please let me know. Much appreciated !!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

NVM. I just go it. This will do the trick:

<key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: white; text-shadow: #000000 0px 2px 4px;</string>

I have no idea about text-shadowing, as far as I know, there is no such a thing in CSS. I tried to delete this post, but I could not find the way.
    Last edited by usarthur; 2010-08-06 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm actually struggling with the same problem right now and it would be really nice if someone could tell me where I have to edit the strings, mentioned in the post, to have the fonts the way the used to be