Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HD Winterboard Theme for iPhone 4 - Does it Exist?

Default HD Winterboard Theme for iPhone 4 - Does it Exist?
    Can anyone point me to an HD Theme for Winterboard for iPhone 4 which uses 480x960 (HD) resolution lockscreen wallpaper? Is it even possible?

having same issue finding one.

alot of nice ones but all low def images (icons, walls etc...)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Not Yet, but they're working furiously!

I don't think it is an issue of there aren't any hi-def wallpapers. It looks to me like the issue is the current version of Winterboard doesn't support the retina display resolution on the iPhone 4. This shouldn't be that surprising because although Winterboard has been updated since IOS 4 was released, a jailbreak for the iPhone 4 just came out a few days ago. A lot of themes you can just browse the phone with diskaid or iphone browser and replace the images with hi-def ones, but it won't display them properly.

where does someone look for the directory for the PNG files for themes...
    i'm new to the iphone skinning side but would love to know as ive skinned many devices and apps before.

so far learned you need to convert the apple-fied png files to work properly. but would love to know how to rip the ones off the iphone.
    edit: just downloaded all the original pngs off my iphone 4... if anyone wants to save time i can zip them... tho i think it might be illegal to redisto the files so i'll wait for a mod to give me the ok on this... i DONT want to break any rules.

hoping that spring board just replaces skin elements eg: [email protected] as the retena version etc

edit 2: got a small image to change... the badge on the # of mail yay
    however theres a problem with the pngfixwindows edition and it doesnt seam to convert/channel switch properly with the bigger files. retina/ipad page layouts... baffling... who makes this program?
    Last edited by Trevsweb; 2010-08-07 at 08:15 PM.

I'm working on one now but Winterboard doesn't seem to recognize the hi-res wallpaper. It does use a hi-res lock screen correctly. If I name a hi-res pic wallpaper.png and use it, it will only display the top left quarter of the image. A hi-res LockBackground.png works fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here are some:
    Browsing iPhone on deviantART
    Browsing iPhone on deviantART
    macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16804952
    macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805129
    macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16805139

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I didn't see the date, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by consultant1027 View Post
    Can anyone point me to an HD Theme for Winterboard for iPhone 4 which uses 480x960 (HD) resolution lockscreen wallpaper? Is it even possible?
    I haven't noticed one I liked yet, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by zakspop View Post
    I'm working on one now but Winterboard doesn't seem to recognize the hi-res wallpaper. It does use a hi-res lock screen correctly. If I name a hi-res pic wallpaper.png and use it, it will only display the top left quarter of the image. A hi-res LockBackground.png works fine.
    That is the same issue I was having.

Check out this page:

http://modmyi.com/forums/winterboard...ckscreens.html

The posted CSS trick works perfectly to get around that issue.
    Last edited by evilshade; 2010-08-28 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yea, Winterboard currently does not recognize any image that ends in @2x in the UIImages folder.

Anyone know when Saurik to fix this???